Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

94 rear speakers help

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Default 94 rear speakers help

i have a 94..i have a sick audio system but im stuck with my rear speakers..i want to replace my 6 by 9 for 2 EV10" and 2 audio pipe drivers..i have them but dont know how to remove, cut or replace the rear speaker pannel..i need some help with that...hit me back asap

Old 02-27-2010, 09:28 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Usually speakers come with a template you you can trace it out on the panel, then use a dremel to cut it out, then file/sand the edges smooth.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Administrator
Smile Hello New Member

What kind of a 94 do you have 1st...

Welcome to the forums 2nd...

Please put in your city, state and zip code up in the corner
like I have mine..maybe one of the members lives in your area
that knows how to do that..

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails 94  rear speakers  help-06a7d5%7E15.jpg  
Old 02-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

describe the rest of you system.
what are your expectations? what are your goals?

i've modified several rear decks, but i don't have pictures. i'm currently considering a pair of 12's IB there. here's how you make it happen:

1. remove all trim, items, wiring, etc. strip it down to bare metal. it will look like this:

take note of all screw locations, working mechanisms, etc.

2. decide what you want to cut out, get a saw with a metal blade, and cut. that part is easy.

3. now you need to reinforce the hell out of the rear deck. 3/4" MDF should do the trick, and fiberglass/resin that sucker in place. you want to make that rear deck as strong as possible. frame all of the openings you cut, add supports along the wheel wells, etc.

4. use the factory rear deck cover as a template. make a new one. you can use any material you want, cover it with any fabric you want. integrate grills, etc. no one can tell you how to do this, you need to be creative and good with your hands... or pay someone who is.

I will say that you will need enclosures for the smaller drivers, if the 10's are running IB. make sure you have IB drivers - they have completely different specs. if not, you'll need an enclosure. that enclosure can help support the rear deck as well. in that case, you're building a box under the rear deck. make sure it's a proper box though, don't rely on body panels for a seal.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:02 PM

well i have 2 COMPETITION SERIES fromt and rear door.....i have 2 audio pipe drivers on front pannel ...i also have 2 kickers subs 10" and now i just bought the 2 Ev 10" for the rear speaker pannel plus 2 more audio pipe drivers....................im hoping after i put on the ev's in the rear pannel im going to have enough bass.....if not im going for to RCF's 18"

amps.....i have a hifonics 2000 brutus for base..and 2 lanzers for voice .....

Old 02-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

sounds like a lot of speakers.

you can be loud, clean, and accurate with just five drivers (two tweeters, two mids, one sub) if you do everything correct. but if you want to surround yourself with speakers, you're not alone.

take the time to install things right, and it'll be the best effort spent.

think about the acoustics of the car and the enclosure. make sure you don't have cancellation from a lack of seals, and that your amps are operating with minimal distortion.

post pics also!