Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2004 Accord ipod aux options

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Default 2004 Accord ipod aux options

Hi all!

I've read some of the other threads in regards to the ipod installations. They work for the newer cars but not for mine. I found a couple of kits online that I could use but the variance in price is great! I'm wondering if anyone on this board has any experience with the following products? If not, do you see any pro's and con's with working with one product vs the other?

$79.95 The Blitz HON/AUX DMX V.2X is an auxiliary input converter that is designed to work with selected 2003 through 2008 Acura and Honda vehicles that have the factory navigation option and/or the factory XM option, keeping both the factory nav and XM operational. However, even if you do not have the factory Nav or XM option, this device will still work in vehicle, if the vehicle is listed below.
$44.99 Ingetgrated Solutions HONDA ACCORD 2003-2007 iPOD/AUX INPUT INTERFACE ADAPTER. This Level #2 iPOD/Aux input interface will allow you to connect your iPOD directly into your factory radio. If you dont have a Apple iPod you can connect any mp3 player via the integrated aux input on this adapter. This interface is a great solution for adding a audio input to your factory car stereo.
$189.00 The Neo Pro LInk PODHONR4V1 is the Direct Connection iPod Vehicle Adapter that is fully compatible your vehicle's Radio. The PODHONR4V1 connects directly to the back of the factory radio, giving you CD Quality Sound from your iPod in the car. In addition, the PODHONR4V1 powers and charges the iPod and lets you browse the iPod using the radio and steering wheel controls controls.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by keep_hope_alive; 03-02-2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: no direct links to selling sites allowed. model numbers/description is preferred.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

avoid the ebay model.

The Blitz model doesn't say it allows for control or charging. I've also read comments of high failure rates.

The Neo Pro Link does allow for control and charging.

Also.. Pacific Accessory Corporation has great products/

the PAC IS77 for $90 gives you an aux input without control (similar to the Blitz Safe but one that actually works)

the PAC uPAC-HON1 $189 gives you the same control as the Neo Pro i.e. factory radio/steering wheel controls, charging, track name, etc.

you need to decide what functionality you want. just audio or audio + control.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Default audio

I'm just looking for audio. I can currently charge my ipod in the car. Just can't use it. Thanks for your help. I'll check out the PAC IS77. If anyone else has any input I would appreciate it.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

you can use cheaper solutions that utilize an FM Modulator, but the performance is sub par - meaning it won't sound near as good as the above.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:48 PM

I'm staying away from fm modulators. Still trying to figure out the best option.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

good for you. i never use them myself.

i'd be nice to have one that charges AND gives you an aux input.

i recommend reading the owner/installation manual on the units you're considering. that will clear up a lot of questions for ya.