Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2010 Accord LX-P iPod Control Options

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Default 2010 Accord LX-P iPod Control Options

Has anyone seen/heard of an iPod adapter that will send text information to the display of non-XM factory stereos?

Hi everyone. This is my first thread, and I'm hoping someone out there can help me find what I'm looking for. I just bought a 2010 Accord LX-P, and I want to add direct iPod control to the factory deck. I google'd for iPod cable adapters, and I found one from USA-Spec that looked promising (PA15-HON2), however, I'm finding out that my radio won't allow iPod text to show up on the car's stock display because it isn't "XM compatible". Any ideas??

Old 02-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Default iPod Adapter Installed

Well, I haven't heard from anyone so I'll assume that the 2010 Accord is still too new for anyone to comment on. I decided to buy the USA Spec adapter and try it for myself. Here's what I found out:

First, I installed the adapter under the center console right behind the parking brake. I used two velcro strips to attach it to the inside of the trim panel next to the drivers seat. Then I ran the radio cable through to the front of the console and up behind the radio. The iPod harness is the second one from the left. I secured it with wire ties to some cables that were already running in that direction. The included harness fit nicely into the CD changer controls of my factory head unit. Since I'm not using XM radio, I only needed one of the two provided wire harnesses. However, since both harnesses are attached to the same cable, the unused harness is simply hanging in the space behind the stereo.

Second, I drilled a hole in the front wall of the center storage compartment and ran the iPod cable through it. I tucked the excess cable in between the left side of the storage compartment and the drivers side trim panel.

Regarding functionality, everything works pretty well. I can control the iPod directly, or I can control it through the head unit. I can even switch songs using the steering wheel controls. BTW, I'm using a first generation iPod Touch (8GB). The only downside is that the CD Changer port is not programmed to read iPod text. The factory display shows the time, the "CD-C" source, the disk/track number, and the time elapsed for each song playing.

The adapter was truly plug and play, and it has been working well for a few months. I miss searching by genre, artist, album, etc directly from the head unit controls, but otherwise, this has been something I've learned to live without. I hope this helps someone else out there who's deciding on whether to use this product.

Last edited by zaedon54; 02-27-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

you could upgrade the factory radio to a sat compatible model so you gain text.

thanks for the write-up.

Pacific Accessory Corporation also has adapters that do this.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:32 PM

Hello everyone. I just got a 2010 Accord LX-P today as well Nice car..comfortable and gas consumption seems ok.

However, I was kinda upset that Honda only offered an AUX input instead of a USB input. Glad I found that there is a way to get an iPod working (zaedon54). Thanks

Old 07-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Default iPod adapter

Hi zaedon54,

can you send me the instruction to remove the trim and radio.

Did anyone tryied this kit with a Sat Nav version?

Thanks