Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

97 Accord antenna question

Old 07-12-2006, 01:20 AM
Default RE: 97 Accord antenna question

The attenna is actually made of the same material as the defroster element. If you look on your back window you will see it at the top. It looks just like the defroster, but if you trace the lines, you'll see where the two meet. It's at the very top and starts in the center of the window.

If it has been damaged by tint or stickers, you could probably repair it with liquid copper or a defroster repair kit or something. I know my defroster lines were shot after the previous owner deep sixed his bubbly tint job.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:38 AM

There should be a wire under the plastic trim pieces back there that carries the signal for the antenna. I'd check that too. It's either on the sides under the plastic or at the top of the window - I can't remember exactly...

Old 07-14-2006, 03:01 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

as a side note.... AM sucks in many cars thats why they generally dont place music on it....... after all if you have an upgraded system listening to music off AM can damage the speakers

but im sure youre going mainly for sports casts or rush ^_-

Old 09-23-2006, 03:49 PM

He was refering to a bad reception due to engine noise, the coil wire that was loose on his car caused interferance, if you're having this issue to then start at the spark plugs, trace those wires back to the distributor cap, if those are all pushed in/on good then in the center of the distributor cap is another wire that goes down to a "cannister" looking deal (the coil) that wire from the distributor to the coil is the coil wire, make sure that one is on good.... Hope this helps!

Welcome aboard!