Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Accord sound system question moved

Old 03-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Default Accord sound system question moved

Hey Hope! Long time Honda driver, first time Forum user!

Wanted to ask, not sure how familiar you are with 2006 Accords but mine is an EXL and has a stock 180 watt sound system (last I checked)

I'm big on vocals and clarity and wanted to minimize the annoying thumping of high bass. My idea was to get a 4 channel amp for the speakers and a mono amp for a 12" sub.

My preference is RF for the sub and amps and an Alpine component system for the speakers in the front BUT I'm not positive on the combination and I would prefer to keep it under $1000. Any recommendations?

P.S - Youre the reason I signed up for this forum! I got headaches trying to learn about audio and correct setups! -___-

Old 03-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

thanks for the complement. i moved this to a new thread.

your main issue with new speakers in the front doors is available depth - which can be solved with a proper baffle. you really want to invest in sound deadening and seal/treat the front doors like i outline in my door deadening thread. it also GREATLY reduces road noise and increases speaker midbass. Basically, do what i did and you'll be very happy.

A single 12" can work well, but your best performance will be a single 10" in the rear corner of the trunk. like this:
http://www.bassforms.com/PhotoGaller...&PhotoNumber=7

the trick is finding someone to build a custom fiberglass enclosure - but the effort is totally worth it. the materials are cheap.

Alpine, Boston Acoustics, Kicker, RF are all fine brands with decent entry level gear that can fit your budget.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:48 PM

great! Aside from the 10" sub (which I def prefer by the way due to the smaller size of it overall), what speakers would you recommend? I know definitely a component system but I get confused on what is going to sound better than my stock system...

Old 03-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Alpine Type-R is decent for the price.

Hybrid Audio Technologies - Imagine I61-2 is AWESOME for the $200 price tag - the most natural SQ speaker at that price point by far. Convertible coaxial/component.