Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Adding mp3 support to the current 2007 Honda Accord 6cd indash changer

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Default Adding mp3 support to the current 2007 Honda Accord 6cd indash changer

Hi all,

I have a 2007 Honda Accord SE with 6 CD indash cd changer which does not support mp3. Is there any way that i can add mp3 support for the existing hardware?

Thanks,
Kiran

Old 03-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

No. You can add an external mp3 player into an AUX input.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:41 PM

as the gentlemen with the great taste in artwork (and music?) mentioned above, you will need to have an external mp3 interface installed via an auxillary audio port located on the back of your cd changer/radio.

I just bought my first Honda, an '07 Accord (ex v6) sedan, and I will be going with this option in terms of adding mp3 capability. This specific piece is iphone/ipod specific but I'm sure the brand has many other options. At the same time I have the interface installed, I will also be having a bluetooth interface installed that will work along with the iphone/ipod interface and will allow me to a) speak on my phone through the stereo via bluetooth capability and b) display song artist/title information on my stereo screen when playing music. Sweet right?

That said, this might help point you in the right direction. If you are like me then you will want nothing to do with the actual install process, if so then i suggest locating a GOOD audio/video service shop to help with the installation of any such products. Also, if I remember correctly I THINK your cd changer may need to be xm capable in order to use certain models of the interface(s). Good Luck and let me know what you decide.

ISHD571 - Isimple Ishd571 Honda Acura Ipod Adapter (Pac) - Isimple

ISBT21 - * Bluetooth Add On For Pxamg And Pac Upac Ipods (Bluetooth Add On Module) [Isimple Isbt21 Blustream] - Isimple

Old 03-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Correct.

PAC-audio and USAspec and GROMaudio all offer AUX input solutions for our cars.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:15 AM

I'm really happy that I found this forum. I have one quick question. Is there any way, without paying so much money to those products, producing an aux in with a 3.5mm jack from 6-CD changer in Accord 2003? Thanks keep_hope_alive!

PS: I just want to hear the audio from my speakers in aux mode and nothing else.

Last edited by demirhan13; 04-18-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

An FM modulator can do that for $20. Not the same audio quality, but it works easy. I recommend wired modulators that go in-line with the antenna, not the wireless kind.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:45 AM

I would still have interference with this setup though in a metro area, right? I'm using an FM transmitter from my GPS right now and I'm already having problems with it in a small city. Would there be any other way for direct connection?

Old 04-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

The wireless FM Transmitters that blast out a signal for the antenna to pick up will always be plauged with interference issues since it is always competing with airwaves.

I never recommend transmitters.

A wired FM modulator is different in that it goes in-line with the factory antenna. when turned on, it disconnects the antenna and directly feeds the audio signal into the FM antenna wire. there is no static or interference since the antenna is disconnected. the audio quality is as good as FM can be.

I have used the Clarion FM200 with success. A similar model is this one:
Scosche FM-MOD02 Play your iPod®, satellite radio, or portable music player through any car's FM radio - Hands-on Research at Crutchfield.com

Old 04-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

$50 is an average price for these new. You can get the same quality used for less on ebay.

You get what you pay for, so very cheap FM modulators may not disconnect the antenna, resulting in interference. Some have an auto-sense input that switches the antenna when it senses a signal on the audio input. This is certainly not new technology, and anything in the last 10 years will work the same. if you are tight on money, look for a good one used - something that sold in the $50 range when new.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:21 AM

Thank you. I appreciate your help keep_hope_alive.

Quick Reply: Adding mp3 support to the current 2007 Honda Accord 6cd indash changer