Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Alpine with iPod

Old 08-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Alpine with iPod

I have an Alpine CDA-9855 and I had to buy a second $100 box to connect my iPod. The newer Alpine decks these days have a wire connected directly to the deck. On my deck it is PITA to scroll through playlists and tracks, so I usually just unplug it, select what I want, hit play, and plug it back in. The second generation of Alpine iPod decks feature the single wire, full-speed integratio, and a better UI for scrolling through songs (I believe it's through the **** and not the slider bar). If you aren't looking to add betters speakers and subs later then don't spend your money on a new deck and just have Honda add the iPod support.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:56 PM

I don't think the new Alpines are slow with selection (they are advertised as "full speed') and I've toyed around with the newer version of my deck with the full speed and its seems fine. You're not going to get the speed of the click wheel but it is definitely increased in response. I think the X001 would be a good choice for an OEM replacement, I just wish the screen wasn't on the opposite side of the driver. On another note, the MediaXpander feature is an amazing advance over the stock sound. And learn from my mistake: don't just go to Best Buy and lay your cash on the table for MSRP price. Look around online and buy the cheapest, I bet you could find one for $300 - $350 if you look hard enough, it's worth the wait.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:20 AM

On the note of factory speakers, I still have mine in and they sound great. Once I got my Alpine deck with a software crossover built in I sent 75% of my bas to my subs to take the stress of bass off the speakers. Smart decision on going with the cable rather than a new deck, its not worth the money if you just want th support and not performance.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:28 PM

i hear the honda ipod interface isnt worth the money or sumtin like that and you should go with the usa spec one

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alpine with iPod

Advertising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.