Anyone Been Able To Fit A Double Din In The Gen 8 Upper Screen? - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:20 AM

Default Anyone Been Able To Fit A Double Din In The Gen 8 Upper Screen?

Just wondering if anyone has come up with a novel solution. Bought Sony Double Din screen, single Din rear, Android Auto Hu. Would love to figure out how to get it in the upper screen on a 2010 LX.

Thanks for any suggestions, or pointing me to videos, or info on making the change.

Appreciated! 😀
Old 12-02-2017, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Interesting idea. i haven't seen it done yet. Your first step will be to disassemble the dash and determine what space you have to work with. Are you comfortable with some fabrication?
Old 12-02-2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
Interesting idea. i haven't seen it done yet. Your first step will be to disassemble the dash and determine what space you have to work with. Are you comfortable with some fabrication?
I'm an electrical engineer with a minor in industrial design and prototyping so I have all the tools. Just got my hands on electrical schematics today and had some sheets of ABS shipped. Once I make sense of the schematics and have some time I'll rip into it and post results here. Figured why re-invent the wheel if it's been done. 😀
Old 12-07-2017, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Cool. I'm also an EE with analog and digital circuit design and power system emphasis.

You may end up wanting to add some resin/filler to the shopping cart to mold a mount in that looks factory.

There are some foreign screen kits that appear to do what you want