Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Audio Package- Subs, Amp, Amp Kit, Converter

Old 12-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Default Audio Package- Subs, Amp, Amp Kit, Converter

I was wondering if it is possible to get an aftermarket deck in a 2006 coupe. I talked with the people at the shop I use, and they said that you can get a converter kit that hooks up right into the stock deck. I was wondering if it was a good idea to get the Converter kit then the amp kit then the amp and then the two 12 inch subwoofers?

I was also wondering how much I should expect to spend on all of this?

Old 12-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Default RE: Audio Package- Subs, Amp, Amp Kit, Converter

Everyone I've talked to about the conversion kit for 7th gen accords seem to think its poorly made and you'll lose your dual climate control if you have it. Too bad nobody makes a replacement deck that fits into the existing bay with all the buttons remaining intact. *Sigh*

Old 01-06-2008, 12:58 AM

in my 03 the coverter works pefectly. in my buddys 07 he got an LOC and loves it

Old 01-06-2008, 01:06 AM

Ryan: Does your dual climate control still work? Also, forgive my ignorance... but... wtf does LOC stand for? Probably an obvious TLA, but its late and I don't want to think right now.

Oh wait... are we talking about the deck replacement converter or the converter that sits in place of the CD storage underneath the deck?? The one inside the CD storage area apparently works fine and doesn't compromise the dual climate if you have it.... it does suck to have 2 decks imo, but hey... thats only what I think.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I have the Kit that replaces the stock head unit. You do lose the Dual climate control, but I don't really miss it. The quality of the buttons and ***** aren't as good as the stock ones. Yet it is well worth the replacement of the stock head unit. I don't regret my decision at all, but I also have a in-dash so it covers up most of the kit so it does make it look better. If you have the money go for it, as the kit is almost $200 with shipping even from eBay.

LOC means low output converter, I believe. It takes the speaker level outputs from the stock head unit and converts them to low level RCA output. I used one with my stock head unit for subs and had no problems, never tried it with speakers though.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:55 PM

Thanks for clarifying that for me...

As for the dual climate controls issue... I couldn't care one bit, at least while I'm driving by myself - its when my lady is with me that tends to make the subtle difference. You can't imagine how many times she wants it hot and I want it cold or visa-versa. Saves me alot of grief on longer trips, thats for sure!

Old 01-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Well I live in Miami so the only realistic option is cold lol

Old 01-07-2008, 12:19 AM

Miami eh? Yeah, thats right - I'm a Canadian... someone who appreciates a decent heater when he has one.

I stayed down in Coconut Grove last time I visited your turf. Must be nice having decent weather year-round..... minus hurricane season [sm=smiley16.gif]