Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Best Alarm with Auto Lock Feature

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Best Alarm with Auto Lock Feature

I am searching for the best alarm with auto door lock feature. I am not looking for the most expensive (Viper) just a system with very durable remotes. I am not interested in the auto-start feature, alarm with door locks is all.

I put an alarm on my truck years back and the remotes were junk and lasted 6 months at the most (K9). I have a Ford van with the dealer installed alarm and it has been going for 6 plus years and the remotes are almost indestructible. I will be doing the install as I am experienced with electronics somewhat.

I heard some horror stories about customer service at Viper Alarms so I will not be buying an over priced Viper. Who has the most economical system with the best remotes as far as durability? I would also like to know the manufacture that the Ford dealers use as a dealer added option, I swear by my vans remote as it is a work van and gets beat on pretty hard. Bought the van used so I have not a clue as who the alarm is made by.

Not looking for the cheapest just the best for the money with durable remotes that has door locks and alarm only.

Any stories good or bad appreciated

Old 07-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

the quality of the alarm is 95% install.

DEI is good, i use Autopage.