Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

CD/Aux Button

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Question CD/Aux Button

Hey guys, I have a 2005 EX with 6 Disc Changer in the dash, no Navi, I have a CD/Aux Button but no jack to plug in my Ipod.

I'm assuming I will need to buy some sort of Adapter. A friend of mine has an 05 TL and has the same button however has a jack in the glove box to plug right into which according to him is factory installed.

Any suggestion/help is appreciated.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Junior Member/Canadian Connection

why not just go spend the 5-10 $'s and go get a ipod or any audio jack from partsource the source radio shack, or even dollar stores...

It's not that difficult.... plug jack into ipod, plug wire into the aux jack.

If you can't figure it out... i hope you got an auto....

Old 01-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Black... I think he's asking where's the aux jack located on his car?

Owner's manual for the location?
On my 07 Civic's its under the same hinged lid for the cigarette-lighter socket in the dashboard.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Junior Member/Canadian Connection

hmmm opps.... Speaking of which... i better go explore my car

Old 01-19-2011, 07:52 AM

Jim, thanks for clearing that up for Black. I already have the wire, I cant find the jack, I will check the owners manual but I have spent a decent amount of time searching inside the car and have come up with nothing.

Do you guys know anything about adapter to the back of the deck and what my best option might be ?

And no Black, its not auto.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

There must be a jack someplace, otherwise you wouldn't have a "CD/AUX" button.

I got a USA-Spec (brand-name) adapter from Crutchfield. It wires into the plug where the CD-changer would plug in. I'm pretty sure it's got another socket so you still plug your changer in too.

You hide that module back inside the dash, with a wire poking out. That wire has the proprietary iPod charger/dock thing on the end, so you plug it into the bottom of the iPod (not into the headphone jack).

Advantage to that is you don't have to remember to pause your iPod; also it charges the iPod too. And you can use the car's control buttons. Disadvantage; well it cost a lot more than $10 and I had to dismantle the dashboard.

Got that thing for a 2003 Accord (which didn't have an AUX jack). Then moved it into a 2007 Civic. After about 7 years now it quit working (long out of warranty).

Old 01-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

PAC-audio or USA-spec have the interface you need. Just because you have the AUX button doesn't mean you had a factory installed 3.5mm jack.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:47 PM
rio

Just posted the adapter for sale. Check classified section. I'll even provide instructions if you need them.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I have the exact same issue, as does everybody else with that flavor of accord. I have no idea why the geniuses at Honda designed it like that. Taking off all that crap to get at the aux input is just...plain...stoopid.

I have a buddy that's convinced that the can fix me up in an afternoon. All it'll cost is a trip to best buy and a case of beer.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

removing the factory radio takes about 15 minutes once you know how it comes out. you can get a diagram of removal from Metra Electronics. just view products for your year/make/model, select a mounting kit, and you can download a PDF of the installation instructions which tell you exactly how to remove the factory radio.

soldering wires in place (if you need power and ground) should take more than than the actual installation. be sure to reference a Haynes manual for wiring color codes.