Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

cd player satnav

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Default cd player satnav

hi
i recently bought a 2008 honda accord ex with sat nav and decided to install my alpine head unit, i was told if i did this i would lose my satnav and bluetooth.

after the installation i lost my bluetooth and satnav however i noticed i still had power in my original stock system, i took everything apart and managed to get the satnav back, but no sound. my phone connects to the bluetooth and the microphone works but again no sound in the car.

my question is does anyone know how i could get the sound, i dont want to use the stock system, i just want sound from the satnav and bluetooth since its all still working.

thanks.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

did you only replace the head unit or did you amp the speakers as well. It would be easy if you amped them. I am sure it can be done another way if not.

essentially what you would need would be something with a multi channel and a switch. a eq would be perfect for this if the system were amped. I however am not sure about non amped. I am sure though KHA may have some idea of how to go about doing this.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

the audio would have been integrated inside the radio. you would need to buy a detailed service manual with accurate schematics for the audio system in order to know if you could snag an analog audio signal - then feed that signal into the Alpine AUX input.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:07 AM

Thank you, i have two amps but they are running from the alpine head unit.
When they fitted the alpine they didnt disconnect the original system just removed
The speaker cables, i had a look but cant seem to see
Where they removed them from. The original system stil powers on and everything
Works apart from the sound, so both the original and the alpine
Work but only sound from the alpine.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

well if you had a multi channel eq then all you would need to do is install that and use and LOC to convert the signal to rca's. plug the RCA's into the second channel, or You could plug the RCA's into that alpines AUX input if it has one.

now this will not work like the factory setup where it will automatically switch or where the nat will play over the music. you will have to manually switch back and forth. Probably wont help with the navigation much but it would make the bluetooth functional again.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

what i think is that the processing was inherent in the factory head unit. once you removed the factory head unit, you lost the ability to retain the NAV and BT audio playback. it is possible someone has or will make an interface that allows those systems to still function with audio. i have not seen one yet.

you have lost BT and NAV with the radio replacement. they power on, but do not function to a useful level.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:36 AM

Thanks every one,

I had a look at the back and noticed one of the
Harness is missing, ive ordered one and will see if i can
Connect one of the speaker wires to the alpine speaker wire
And see if that helps.

By the way has anyone managed to get their sat nav screen
To play dvds as my alpine is a dvd player, iv seen a few things out
There to do this.