Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

changing the tape and CD player in accord 98 lx

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Default changing the tape and CD player in accord 98 lx

i am using acccord 98 lx with my family, at times the CD player rejects cd but the following day it will start playing when inserted, i am planning to put another car tapes that plays cd, i hope it won't cause other electrical problems in the car when installed. My other question is can i install navigational system into d car, can i also put daytime running light because initially it didn't come with it when i bought it. Hope to hear from you people

Old 01-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

by "another car's stereo" I hope you don't mean a factory radio from a different type of car. a factory radio from any 1998-2002 Honda Accord would be a direct replacement (I have the 6-cd changer + tape from mine that i'm not using).

the harness for that vehicle is the Metra 70-1721. it is $10. it will give you access to factory wiring - don't cut off the factory harness. an aftermarket stereo is a fine option with a mounting kit and wire harness.

none of the 1998-2002 Accords came with Navigation or Daytime Running Lights. Navigation can be added by simply buying an aftermarket unit - such as a TomTom or Garmin. I mounted mine in the top left of the windshield so it's out of the way but reachable - and hid wiring behind the left apillar panel, then used an "add-a-fuse" to give myself an ignition switched circuit to power it. I connected the "add-a-fuse" to a wired socket so i didn't have to cut the navigation socket off. works perfect and looks great.

changing to daytime running lights will require careful study of the wiring schematic and some soldering to change wiring configuration - or just turn them on manually. you could wire them to only come on when the car is in drive, and turn off otherwise (unless the factory switch overrides). doable with a few relays and an understanding of electronics.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:51 PM

thanks for your reply, i am also planning to install a DvD player that can also play compact disc and remove the factory tape