Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2000 SE Tape/CD Player Issues

Old 10-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 2000 SE Tape/CD Player Issues

Thanks for the help guys. I have a problem with the Bose sound system and am lookin for some help, the problem is that I can't get cd's to play when I got car I was impressed with the fact it had radio,tape deck an 6 disc multi changer in boot.I played an old tape one day which worked but after that I couldnt get the cd player to work after that.I then bought a tape that acts as an adaptor to play your I-phone through now the tape deck keeps rejecting the tape. Any help would be great.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

I move this to the audio section.....This is a non US Acoord, that was in your other post so I wanted to repeat that for anyone reading just this.

Is it possible there is dirt or something in the tape part? Might try blowing it out, light air pressure.
Do you have the owners manual, reaching here. There maybe a "reset" of sorts for the trunk mounted cd changer?

KHA-Have you seen or heard of this before?

Thanks

Old 10-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks for the help I'll give it a try,I've got an old cassette deck cleaning kit I might give that a try.Thanks again.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

anytime....there are some in here that know WAY more about radio systems than I do (I just know how to turn it up when a good song is on), one reason I moved it here, so someone else might chime in...

Old 10-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

it sounds like your deck is going out. you may try unhooking the battery for a few minutes and then hooking it back up to reset the deck. if that does not work all I could tell you is you may be able to send it off to get it fixed. being that it is the bose system it will be more difficult to put in an aftermarket unit. it is possible. I, however, have never done an install ina bose system. that KHA could probably help you more with that one.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks for the help I've totally lost everything now as was under bonnet and pulled a fuse and lost radio completely how do I achieve code??

Old 10-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Should be a card in the glove box with the code. Or refer to the sticky in this section.

The tape adapter may only work in one direction or may offer too much resistance to the player, causing it to eject,