Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Cleansweep Harness for 06 Accord EX OEM Dash

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Cleansweep Harness for 06 Accord EX OEM Dash

Mornin'
Where can I buy an interface connector/cable to connect my OEM accord HU to a Cleansweep in my glovebox.
Or do I have to cut & splice into the original harness, which seems unusual with all the adapters avaliable.
thanks, tp

Old 12-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Hmm, can't say I've ever thought about that. I would personally tap into the stock harness, but that isn't a good commercial solution. Do the official instructions say to tap into the original harness? There is an adapter sold for the 7th gens to be used with the kits that allows you to install an HU in the lower cubby. This harness plugs into the stock harness and stock HU. Pretty sure the plug that goes into the stock HU only has power and illumination wires on it, but maybe not.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:24 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I have kind of resigned myself to that notion. I appreciate your time in answering my post. I will probably opt for insulated male/female Sta-Con crimps to tap off the harness. When I sell the vehicle, I can just re-stab the Sta-Cons to reconnect the factory speaker wires.
Due to your previous advice, I scored a JL A3400 for $100 on ebay and a Cleansweep for $160. These will power the 3-way 6x9's and 5.25" + component tweets I installed just in front of the door handles. Scary maneuver taking a 2' hole-saw to my interior door, but it looks and sounds great.

Unlike the moron last week who blasted you when informed of his speaker level to line-in interface. Probably sounds great for thrash-punk. Judging by his attitude, I'd imagine his choice of listening material matches his demeanor.