Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Console screen and Steering wheel controls '12 SE

Old 02-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Default Console screen and Steering wheel controls '12 SE

Hey guys,

I have an SE and want to put in the Pioneer avic-z130BT. Any way to salvage the top screen that displays the clock and ipod info? I really want to incorporate he USB connector and steering wheel controls. Any suggestions, or has anyone done this before? Basically I Need to have my steering wheel and USB working with the new head unit. If possible, I want to save the screen as well, not letting it go to waste. I need navigation but don't want to get a standalone unit, and at the same time lose functionality in my car.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

steering wheel interfaces are available from PAC-Audio. you can manually interface with the factory USB jack (assuming you can solder and read pin-out diagrams).

the screen cannot be reused and provide info from the Pioneer. they are separate systems with completely different wiring interfaces. maybe the 2012 is different and uses RCA inputs, but i highly doubt it. you can read the manual for the Pioneer and see if you install a new external monitor (in that location) what information can be sent to it. it will need RCA connections to send the video.

what you want to do is custom. reusing a screen requires an electrical engineer and plenty of time/money. it's one of those things where if you have to ask, you probably can't do it yourself.