Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Couple of questions..

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 08:34 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default Couple of questions..

Hey guys,
Meijer is having a sale on their stereo stuff and I can get the Scosche sound deadning material for a few bucks cheaper until Sunday. My question is, if I put the sound deadner on the inside of my sub box wall would that make any noticeable difference, such as loudness or cleaness? I had one sheet of the stuff a couple weeks ago and covered all the holes underneath the rear deck and it sounds like the subs are quieter...but I thought it was supposed to inscrease volume. But I didnt cover the whole trunk.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:39 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Couple of questions..

Second question. What do you guys think about this stereo? I really really want it! I install my own stereos but I didnt install my subs b/c that was forever ago! Anyways, theSTEREO(link)has about a million wires and I am somewhat confused. I see there are 4 RCA style plugs that are audio outs...so I am assuming I wont use those. Anyways, how would I hook up the sub RCA wires and where would I hook up the amp remote wire? What is the wire labeled "Back"? And how can I trick the brake shift control wire to think it is in park all the time? In fact, I dont even know where to hook that one up.
Thanks!

Old 06-28-2008, 09:04 AM

First off, that material is meant to keep the sound IN. by lining your whole trunk, tou would get less rattle from heavy bass, and it would feel louder. as far as being louder... if you lined the whole interior with it, it would just keep the sound from escaping thus sounding a lot louder. and as far as the radio... i have never heard of that brand so i cant tell you much on that, but itdoesn't have a sub-pre out(rca) so you would have to use the rear output which won't sound the best and will give you more regular sound (voices, etc.) out of the subs. and as far as the park break... some units have a lock code you can put in when you install and i think it's 12345. if that doesn't work or you cant find any code, just ground the wire for the parking break and it should think your always in park...

Old 06-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Anything with that many features and that cheap is probably going to run slow then break with time. I'd stay with name brand stuff for in dashes, I have seen a few of my friends crap out on them. I'm already saving money up for a pioneer AVIC-N4. The indash I have is really the lowest you should go.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:39 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Thanks guys.
toofat, maybe I could buy yours when you get your pioneer? Lemme know and what shape and if youll give me a deal and all that jazz.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

The one I have now is pretty slow with the ipod and runs really hot. I've had it for a year and I'm just waiting for it to die on me. Although mine did come with a warranty from crutchfield, which is really the only reason I got it. Now a days there's a lot of better in dashes than mine for the money. But you don't have to spend $1000 for a good in dash.