Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Custom Alpine Halo 9 install in 2009 honda Accord EXL coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 08:41 PM
Default Custom Alpine Halo 9 install in 2009 honda Accord EXL coupe

I ordered my radio from crutchield and did a custom install with the radio ontop of my dash. I had to get a 3D printed trapezoid to fill in the empty space around the cubby and used a mill to cut out the dimensions to fit around the radio. I also had to buy some wood from home Depot and cut it so the chassis of the radio wound sit flat and to mount the radio down to that piece of wood. It was a lot of fun and not too hard to do either ! I hope someone else enjoys this idea. Comment if you'd like more info , 3D designs, bracket measurements etc. ! This radio is awesome and I really like the look and use of it.

Old 08-30-2019, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

That is the kind of style the newest cars have. Looks good there.

You could also use the double din kit for the car and modify it to house the unit in place of the factory radio, there is plenty of plastic there to play with, even if you wanted to 3D print an adapter that came out from the dash a bit.

Old 08-30-2019, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for sharing!

Old 11-20-2019, 04:38 AM

@Collin.bulkley are you happy with your alpine unit? Would you recommend it?
Sorry for being off topic.

I'm looking for a good stereo and my vote will be on the Alpine.

Now I was trying to gather as much info as possible but most review blogs are junk.
I mean they are hyping and when I've checked out some actual customer reviews the
difference is huge.

Along with my journey in review land I came across a different site. It seems to be the real deal. I mean it harshly criticizes the flaws that each brand has. This has put me on the fence.For example there's a review about Alpine halo9 stereo unit. I was eyeing this headunit.

How bad is that slow startup? Does it take 20s to boot up? What about the value for the money?

Any insights are highly appreciated

Old 11-20-2019, 04:50 AM
Default Halo 9 review

I would highly recommend the Alpine Halo 9. I've had it for about 9 months now and it works very well: consistent, reliable, and the features are great as are the aesthetics. My start up time is about 6 seconds, never has it took anywhere near 20 seconds. It's boot up pretty quick, even on the cold, below 0 mornings we have here in Kansas. The only complaint I have, and it isn't really a complaint, is the volume to sound ratio difference from Bluetooth music to Android auto. On Bluetooth a volume setting of 8 is too loud to have a conversation with someone in the car. That same loudness is more like a 14 on Android auto but that really isn't a big deal to me. Otherwise it works great.

A lot of people complain about the resolution but the image is quiet sharp on my unit. You can't see any pixels at all.
I'd say the $1k I spent on this radio is truly money well spent but that's just because I have a hobby of doing DIY projects and making improvements to my car. Needless to say this radio install was a HUGE improvement to my vehicle. So yes, well worth the money.

Last edited by Collin.bulkley; 11-20-2019 at 04:59 AM.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:29 PM

I would like more info , 3D designs, bracket measurements etc.