Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Custom Sub boxes/enclosures

Old 10-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Default Custom Sub boxes/enclosures

Just wanting to see what people have done in the boot in terms of Subs. Where's the best place to put boxes/enclosures.

After my test drive, i had a look in the boot and the very rear area seems to be a very good place to stick a sub-box/enclosure.

Can people who have done sub-b0xes/enclosures please post up some pics so i can see what they look like. I will be installing a single 10" sub, with 2 Amps.

Old 10-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Default RE: Custom Sub boxes/enclosures

just wondering how your gonna do that 2 amps, are you going to get a sub with 2 voice coils, and run one amp of each?? And Iv never done subs in a accord, but from what i know about trunks, it will probably sound the best facing sideways or facing the back seats, just cuz when it faces the rear opening, tends to rattle more stuff.

Old 10-20-2006, 07:53 AM

Sorry, I should have expalined it a bit better.

I noticed that the area under the rear speakers is ideal for forming a sub enclosure i.e. blanking off the whole of the rear of the boot. I have a 2 channel PG XS2500 which i will use to run the sub, and a 4 channel PS XS4300 which I will use to run components. I was thinking of having the sub facing the rear, in the middle and mounting an Amp each side of it!

I will take your advice on the rattling though. Think i need to give this a bit more thought.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:18 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if it were 2 amps on one dvc you would have the amps bridged, because its better to have a dvc come from a single power source so you dont destroy it its far cleaner on a bridged system vs having an amp on each coil