Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Dash Cluster light issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Dash Cluster light issues

All,
Is there anyway to test the lights in the dash cluster? I changed to LED's, but had problems before hand. It seems that some of the lights work sometimes. For instance, if I turn the fuel light bulb 180 degrees it will work all the time instead of just when the fuel is low, also, I had an oil change, and the tech said I should have had an indicator showing that the oil needed changed, this light never came on, so I am looking for a diagram of what is on the dash cluster, and what lights might control that part, for instance fuel light, SRS, turn signal etc. is there a picture somewhere that shows me what lights show what warnings, and is there a way to test them? Thank you very much!

Old 11-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Sorry it is a 2001 Accord V6

Old 11-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Newest Of Newbies

shouldn't they all come on when you initially turn the key to accessory? I'm changing dash bulbs out right now too and I've been just flipping the headlights on and off and putting the key in the ignition to test this stuff so far. I do know that LED lights only work one way in the sockets, so if you put the bulb in and it wont turn on in the socket, take the bulb out and reverse it in the socket, it should work. Hope this info helps a little...

Old 11-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thats what I am trying to figure out. What lights are on that cluster, which ones come on when you turn the key on, and which ones come on. Basically just need to know what is on the cluster informationally. The ones I see are seatbelts, oil, srs, all the park R lights, umm... I dont see a fuel light come on when it is low, but like I said, if I turn the bulb around, it works all the time even with a full tank it is on. When I took the cluster out, I noticed about 2 bulbs missing completely, I guess I could shine a light in there to see what lights up.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Oh, and there is a button left of the dash next to the moonroof that does nothing when I push it, not sure what that is either.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

note that LED's have polarity while the old bulbs do not. you must insert them with correct polarity for them to even work.

when you turn the key to ignition, initially the lights will come on so you can verify lamps work. buttons next to moonroof are TCS (traction control) with an indicator on the instrument cluster, and Cruise. Cruse button will light up green and allows you to activate cruise from the steering wheel.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:38 AM

I believe you can buy LED bulbs that are not polarized I usually go to super bright LED.com. Where did you buy your LED's. Could you post the size and model numbers of the bulbs you bought?

Old 11-07-2012, 08:41 AM

right now I'm trying to figure out why my SRS light comes on.it started coming on intermittently and then now its steady. also the side airbag lights are coming on intermittently.I will be replacing some of the bulbs in the dash so I plan to see if the connectors are seated correctly. Maybe something is loose. otherwise do you guys have any thoughts on the intermittent lights and have you experienced this?

Old 11-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Can the dash gearshift indicator lights (D4, in this case) - JustAnswer

hope this helps... its for my car though, 99 accord ex sedan.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Newest Of Newbies

kozlo you are the man! This is what I was looking for thanks a ton! I see why I have 2 lights missing now, my car is not canadian.

Quick Reply: Dash Cluster light issues