Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

In desperate need of help! Sirius!

Old 04-24-2008, 10:55 PM
HondaAngel
Unregistered
Default In desperate need of help! Sirius!

I recently bought the sirius radio for my lovely Honda Accord 2003 Coupe. I was told I can mount my magnet to the dash board and get reception. Well I was able to get reception but I noticed it was quite fuzzy. (maybe bc of the station too) I was also unsure of where to mount the player consider that the dash is a rounded surface not flat. I have not clue where the AUX In is on my car.

So first off should I go back the old way of installing this and either run the magnet ontop of the trunk or should I mount it on the roof stick the wires through the sidings and then through the car?

Once I get that far is there an Aux In? It would be so much clearer sounding if this were possible. I really dont want to spend another 200.00 bucks for converters and such.(if this isnt so why didnt Honda produce this? Was an Aux In connector on the older cars?)

And lastly where would you mount this baby?

I really appreciate the best answers possible! TY

Old 04-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Default RE: In desperate need of help! Sirius!

On my Insight, S2000, and Ford truck, I had it mounted on the roof. For some reason the metal creates a better reception. I also had them use a FM modulator so I could tune into a specific radio channel and have had no poblems. That's what I would suggest.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:14 AM
skling22
Unregistered

You have to put the antenna on top for optimal reception. I can sell you a Aux input for your car for approx 80-100 shipped. I manage a store in Ny. We sell a ton of that stuff. ....it will sound terrific with it. Let me know.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:49 PM

When I did my XM install a couple weeks ago, I didn't want any "what if's". So I bought the FM modulator when I bought the XM package. I also took the extra effort to mount the antenna on top. I wanted zero problems (reception-wise). I also didn't want to be okay with just 'okay'. I wanted the best reception everywhere. A guy i work with is always b!+ching about his bad reception from his 15 min install.

I'm pretty sure after researching for mine, that yours (being an 03) will have a standard antenna plug behind your cubby. I'm not sure if you coupe has a cubby like my sedan but I can only assume it's the same.

I'm going to post some pictures of my install HERE in my original post. Hope it helps.