Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Directed D2400 vs Crossfire BMF 1000d

Old 11-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Default Directed D2400 vs Crossfire BMF 1000d

Right now i have a directed d2400 powering my two 15" p3's, and i can get BOTH a crossfire bmf1000d and a crossfire 4channel 600x4 amo for $200. If i used the bmf1000d for the 15's would it be a better amp for the p3's? My d2400 makes them hit pretty hard, and the crossfire is underrated though. I would use the 4 channel for my highs. Your help is appriciated. Thanks

Old 11-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Default RE: Directed D2400 vs Crossfire BMF 1000d

keep the 2400D and get the 4ch amp i wouldnt bother with the crossfire 1000D

Old 12-01-2007, 10:04 AM

Hey thanks for the help, i just ended up getting the Directed A404 4 channel amp on eBay.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:47 PM

you will be alot happier not runnin crossfire , they are only good IMO when you dont have money for better, but there not a brand i would recomend off the top, except their top of the line class d amps arent too bad but you can get better for the same if not less

Old 12-02-2007, 09:51 AM

Crossfire makes excellent amps. Im running my entire SQ system with them and am having pretty good results. Theyre built like a tank and make a whole lot more power than theyre rated at.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:20 PM

Crossfire makes excellent amps....

now that is a statement i would argue to the death, tell me how many people have won championships in sound quality in a reconised org. like iasca, meca db ?.... noone has there no zapco amp or arc audio

Old 12-02-2007, 08:20 PM

Well I havent won a world championship in SQ with them but I did place 2nd in MECA world finals 2 years and a row and managed a state championship in MECA 2 years in a row using nothing but Crossfire amps.

Thats true that you dont see many SQ wins with Crossfire amps, but then again I never see anybody using Crossfire for anything other than SPL. So what?

Go talk to the guys that run SPL and theyll speak very highly of Crossfire. And Crossfire has won several world championships in SPL and has held a ton of world records as well.

What exactly is it that makes Crossfire a bad amp for SQ? Mine seem to be working ok.

They easily and cleanly exceed their rated power, theyre noise free (although I have been having a problem with my sub amp having a turn off pop) and theyre built like a tank. Thats all an amp is supposed to do and Crossfire amps do that in spades.

Dont take my word for it, hit up some hardcore car audio forums like Elite Car Audio or Carsound or run on over to Termpro's website and ask if they think Crossfire are any good.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:29 PM

my main debate was on the mere statement that they are "excellent amps" there far from excellent but then the ones that are truely excellent noone can afford...

"Go talk to the guys that run SPL and theyll speak very highly of Crossfire"
this statement must be a meca thing, ive been in iasca for over 2 years now and not once has anyone that i have personaly seen at a show run a crossfire amp at world finals or state finals, i see more poweracoustik a3000Dbs in use... nor have they said to consider running them. its either 1. poweracoustik/kole 3000D for cheap cost with major power. for the dollar
2. memphis audio.
3. kicker
4. rockfordfosgate
5 stestom (if you have the money and subs able to handle the power 7krms)

"theyre noise free (although I have been having a problem with my sub amp having a turn off pop)"
th poping may be an internal part starting to seperate from the pc board. maybe take the back off it and take a look to see if you notice anything loose or looking as if its discolored. before it causes major damage to the amp.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:47 PM

hey macleod,
i got a crossfire amp too and yea i agree it is built like a tank. i have one of the more rare huge crossfire amps. I got the Crossfire VR1202 Competition 1200 watt Amp (it weighs estimate 20-30 pounds).

It is the best, but i do have one problem. Why does it cut off after about 10 mins of hard knocking? I am assuming that it overheats and auto shuts off but how can i elimate it? Ive lowered the bass level on the amp, but after a while it will turn off. Any ideas of wat i can do to make it stop cutting off. I have already shorten ground wire w/ a solid surface, left backseats down to allow circuilation of air, and checked fuses?
Ive been looking for somebody who knows a lil something about crossfire amps!

Old 12-03-2007, 09:46 PM

what power wire are you useing? is of proper ga. to deliver the current the amp needs for hard playing, sometimes people are misled by wire size and think the 1000 watt walmart amp kit can properly deliver power to a real amp ...

if you have a multi meeter, check your voltage at the amp , it can be shuting down for protection purposes due to low voltage and heat build up because of the low voltage

and the other easy test would be to connect the multi meeter so it reads ohms and make sure you are running the amp at a save ohm load, some are safe at 2ohm sterio some at 2ohm mono then 1ohm, even if the amp isnt safe at a lower ohm loat it might still play untill it just gives up and burns a mosfet out or power supply.....

and ofcourse makeing sure the amp has plenty of cross air flow going to it always helps the cooler the amp the better off it is

Search this Thread