Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Directed D2400 vs Crossfire BMF 1000d

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 10:58 PM
Default RE: Directed D2400 vs Crossfire BMF 1000d

ORIGINAL: mrwigglezdj

....and ofcourse makeing sure the amp has plenty of cross air flow going to it always helps the cooler the amp the better off it is
That was my first thought.

If it wasnt getting enough current, it wouldnt play much at all or cut out at big bass hits.

Sounds more like where you have the amp mounted, its not getting enough air moving over the cooling fins. Thats a hefty amp and if youre pounding on it, its gonna get hot and it there isnt enough air flow for cooling, itll shut off.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:06 PM

no i dont have any cheap wires from wal mart. i have memphis audio 4 guage kit. all of my wires are either memphis or rockford. Yea i have plenty of air space. I always leave both of my back seats down and usually drive wit windows down (even when cold). everything i have done is perfect. depending on how long and how hard i bump, the amp will cut off for a lil bit. but then turns back on automatically.

and ideas why? i am pretty sure its not low wattage or power. i have a 2 farad capacitor and it stays on constantly (well only when i turn off the car).

Old 12-04-2007, 06:14 PM

caps are nice to have to help a little with voltage drops, but i would still say hook a volt meeter to the amp directly onthe power wires and play music and see how low the voltage drops and check the ohm load going to the amp, both of them can cause the amp to shut off/ go into protection and turn back on when it is safe again