Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Dont know where to start

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 11:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Don t know where to start

Lol I love bassing out to some rock next to a kid blasting his 50 cents on his stock system with an L5. And there's more than enough of those around here.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:21 AM

yeah, not sayin ever grand once in awhile i listen to rap but its not 50 or kayne, its run dmc or beastie boys or someone with talent . i.m sure if i bass out some rock like i keep doing on a trip to california i'm sure ill learn my lesson fast.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:43 AM

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

Lol I love bassing out to some rock next to a kid blasting his 50 cents on his stock system with an L5. And there's more than enough of those around here.

dang he did me dirty...lol...

Old 01-26-2009, 12:46 AM

Lol don't feel special, I wasn't thinking of you

Old 01-26-2009, 12:48 AM
Default RE: Don't know where to start

ORIGINAL: Sweagle02

Before you invest your money go out and listen to subs, it's best if you have friends but the subs at stores will do. If you listen to rap at all you don't want 10"s. A 12" is plenty clean and will give you that spl I know your looking for. If you haven't yet I would upgdrade the speakers first.
Ya man i listen to hiphop and jazz and i don't need bass for jazz lol. I don't have anything upgraded. Everything OEM. You mind coming up with a simple basic list of things for me to achieve clean bass and a good sound. Not HUGE bass, just some clean bass lines ya feel me. I don't like bein too flashy
what i can tell you is this....now everybody is going to pounce on me for this one..and hell probably even you but before you jump on me give me a second to explain myself...i have a 98 lx...nice big trunk space right??..well when i started in the audio industry all i had were 2 tens a "so called" 700w 5 channel amp...now mind you the tens are not in the same box...they are in sep. boxes but both are sealed....run you about maybe 250-350w rms....they arent the best no...but man do they hit....and they sound pretty good actually...now this is the part where everybody kills me...the brand....*gulp* is.....TiS.....yes....a walmart brand...and so was the amp...but wierdly enough the tens hit pretty damn hard...i used to roll around the school parking lot showing em off...yea...they were that kool..lmao...but they arent very very loud and they dont hit too low..so that should be what your looking for...all under 200 dollars..lol

Old 01-26-2009, 01:13 AM

[/quote]

what i can tell you is this....now everybody is going to pounce on me for this one..and hell probably even you but before you jump on me give me a second to explain myself...i have a 98 lx...nice big trunk space right??..well when i started in the audio industry all i had were 2 tens a "so called" 700w 5 channel amp...now mind you the tens are not in the same box...they are in sep. boxes but both are sealed....run you about maybe 250-350w rms....they arent the best no...but man do they hit....and they sound pretty good actually...now this is the part where everybody kills me...the brand....*gulp* is.....TiS.....yes....a walmart brand...and so was the amp...but wierdly enough the tens hit pretty damn hard...i used to roll around the school parking lot showing em off...yea...they were that kool..lmao...but they arent very very loud and they dont hit too low..so that should be what your looking for...all under 200 dollars..lol
[/quote]
no shame, funny though similar time in my old focus rockin around in that thinkin i'm hot stuff... oh wait I am.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:06 PM

Alright guys so hear me out. I came to the conclusion that i don't want any or just a little bass in the trunk. What i mean is...i want bass just INSIDE the car so when i put m windows down ppl can hear the bass but not excessive. i noticed that when ppl put the subs on their trunks rattle and that trunk rattling sounds sucks to me. I want significant bass in the car, in the speakers. If any one does not know what im sayin feel free to reply. Thanks!

Old 01-28-2009, 10:11 PM

If you want bass people can hear from outside the car a woofer isn't going to cut it, only a sub. And putting a sub inside the car does not make it any louder, actually you will probably lose dbs being closer to the sub. What you need to do is add mass (dyno matt or similar product) to the trunk to bring the resonance of the trunk down so it wont rattle. I only had to put a very small amount of deadening to eliminate the rattling. Most of the loud rattles isn't from the sheet metal but something loose.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:08 PM

If you want bass people can hear from outside the car a woofer isn't going to cut it, only a sub. And putting a sub inside the car does not make it any louder, actually you will probably lose dbs being closer to the sub. What you need to do is add mass (dyno matt or similar product) to the trunk to bring the resonance of the trunk down so it wont rattle. I only had to put a very small amount of deadening to eliminate the rattling. Most of the loud rattles isn't from the sheet metal but something loose.
dam bro sounds complicated. I'm not into sound. Not into racing. More into looks and that's my main mission right now. The audio was a bonus but it seems like i won't be able to afford what i want to achieve [sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 01-29-2009, 06:41 PM

Quality audio does not come cheap and can rival engine mods in price.

Quick Reply: Dont know where to start