Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Error after entering 5 digit radio code?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Default RE: Error after entering 5 digit radio code?

can you just take the radio out yourself and ask? it might save them the troubleof charging you for that.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

+1

I am a pw

Old 09-26-2007, 01:52 PM

ORIGINAL: HuYnHness

can you just take the radio out yourself and ask? it might save them the troubleof charging you for that.
That's what I did. Gave them the s/n over the phone. This was at a dealer in TX and I bought the car in NJ.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

have you tried what was suggested to you .. on disconnecting the battery for about 1 min , reconnect it and try resetting the radio code, ??

Old 09-26-2007, 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

have you tried what was suggested to you .. on disconnecting the battery for about 1 min , reconnect it and try resetting the radio code, ??
hmm, resetting the radio code. Do you mean just trying to reenter or actually reset it? But noo i havent tried it.

and yes i can just give them the serial number over the phone and they will do it for free but i was just mentioning

ADam

Old 09-26-2007, 07:34 PM

Ok Thanks. I called the dealer by my house and the place where you purchased it does matter. (Don't worry it sounds like im trying to be a butthole but im not jsut letting you know ). It matters cause if you bought it at there dealer they have your car in there system and they can just look up your VIN number to get your security code. But if you arent in there system then they charge 110 bucks to take out the radio and look at the serial number and then base that on the code. Just letting you guys know!!
It did not matter in my case: aftermy car was just broken into and Ireplaced my stock HU,I stopped by the closest Honda Dealership and in 3 mins they had my code for me for free without even looking at the radio...as faras I know VIN #'s are recorded at all Honda Dealerships....correctme if I am wrong.and that was not where the car was purchased.so...it could be possible thatthe guy you talked towas incorrect.... However, I have a 98 Accord and I live in California so everything could be different.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:10 PM
ericP
Unregistered

Howdy ya'll, this error code deal. could a dead battery cause the radio to need to be reset or this code your speaking of re-entered. thanks for any help. 02 accord ex 4cyl, with 6 disk changer

Old 09-26-2007, 10:24 PM

ORIGINAL: accordEX98

Ok Thanks. I called the dealer by my house and the place where you purchased it does matter. (Don't worry it sounds like im trying to be a butthole but im not jsut letting you know ). It matters cause if you bought it at there dealer they have your car in there system and they can just look up your VIN number to get your security code. But if you arent in there system then they charge 110 bucks to take out the radio and look at the serial number and then base that on the code. Just letting you guys know!!
It did not matter in my case: aftermy car was just broken into and Ireplaced my stock HU,I stopped by the closest Honda Dealership and in 3 mins they had my code for me for free without even looking at the radio...as faras I know VIN #'s are recorded at all Honda Dealerships....correctme if I am wrong.and that was not where the car was purchased.so...it could be possible thatthe guy you talked towas incorrect.... However, I have a 98 Accord and I live in California so everything could be different.

Yeah i'm going to stop in and ask another dealer to ask again. Thanks

Adam

Old 09-27-2007, 12:34 PM

Howdy ya'll, this error code deal. could a dead battery cause the radio to need to be reset or this code your speaking of re-entered. thanks for any help. 02 accord ex 4cyl, with 6 disk changer
Yes a dead battery could cause the radio to need the code to be entered.I have had to reeenter the code afterI had adeadbattery.

Peter

Old 08-24-2009, 08:15 PM
jthphoto
Unregistered

Thanks for the tip, removing the negative terminal on the battery worked and I was able to re-enter the code. Voila!

Quick Reply: Error after entering 5 digit radio code?