Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Factory remote starter?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:02 PM
white04ExL
Unregistered
Default Factory remote starter?

Hey guys i'm now the proud owner of a Certified 2004 Honda Accord EXL with 36000 miles, Taffeta white w/ Ivory leather, woodgrain accents, heated seats, XM ,rear spoiler, etc etc. I LOVE this car and dont plan to do much at all to her. My question is has anybody successfully installed a remote starter that will work with the factory key/remote. I would like to havea remote starter, but if at all possible would like it to utilize the factory remote. Thanks!

Ryan

P.S. I traded in my 2000 Civic SI (Flamenco Black Pearl) with 81000 miles on it

Old 07-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Factory remote starter?

nice color! welcome to the forum!

Old 07-23-2007, 11:09 PM

i wonder if the alarm installer can tap into the factory alarm so the panic button can be used to remote start. i think you should call them to ask i think thats your best shot. who really uses the panic button? i cant use it to find my car in the parking lot cause the remote doesnt reach far enough i think my remote only reaches like 25 ft (estimate)

Old 07-24-2007, 07:13 AM

good idea...i'd be interested if that would work...

Old 07-24-2007, 08:36 AM

Why would you want to use to the stock remote? I have an 06 and the range is really bad, I have to be really close to unlock or lock my doors. If your going to spend the money on a remote start alarm, which I recommend highly if you live in Miami, why not use the remote that comes with the alarm.

EDIT: Oh, do you want to use it because it's built into the key? Well when I get my alarm I'm also going to buy another key from the dealer that doesn't have the remote built in. I have yet to see these keys, but the salesman that sold me my car told me they exist and they sell them.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:41 AM

Not true on my 07. Range is very long, i would say close to 50 yards...also works when not in line of sight....when compared to my m3, where i have to be line of sight with the rear view mirror, and within 50' or so, it is quite refreshing.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:57 PM

Hmmm, guess my battery is getting low or something.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:09 PM

as much as i think the range on the m3 blows, the cool thing is that it recharges itself through the ignition...considering my honda key has a screw on the back of it, i doubt that is the case...

Old 07-24-2007, 01:57 PM

50 yards? maybe i should replace my battery and see how far it reaches...

and no the batery doesnt recharge through the ignition you have to replace it when it dies. thats pretty cool though

Old 07-24-2007, 11:38 PM

Panic Buttons are fun. I dont have one but know of people tht do.
Just sit somewhere and wait for people to walk by ur car and press it. Hours of fun! I need to get me one lol

Quick Reply: Factory remote starter?