Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Factory remote starter?

Old 07-25-2007, 12:09 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Factory remote starter?

ORIGINAL: Dazed

Panic Buttons are fun. I dont have one but know of people tht do.
Just sit somewhere and wait for people to walk by ur car and press it. Hours of fun! I need to get me one lol
you seem to be easily amused...

Old 07-25-2007, 12:12 AM

Everything is amusing wen you are...Dazed! lol
I just have alot of time on my hands...sometimes..

Old 07-25-2007, 11:56 PM

programming a remote starter into your factory remote is somewhat possible, but why not just get an aftermarket alarm to save the hassle. With an aftermarket one, you can tell when someone is messing with your car by the pager and you can opt to get one with a remote starter. The aftermarket alarms with remote starters are programmed for the option your looking for, whereas your factory isnt.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:14 AM

that is pretty true is there a way to where you wouldnt even need your key anymore? because carrying the BIG key and a BIG pager alarm makes your pockets look BIG

Old 07-26-2007, 10:27 PM

Doesnt the new Evo have a push Start button? You push the button and the car starts..amazing.
Maybe you could get tht done to your car. Would def. be sumtin tht would amuse me.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:08 AM

actually i think the new camry has that it doesnt really have a key just a transponder that you leave in your pocket. gonna be honest with all yall i love hondas but they REALLY needa get with the times. accords lack projectors, push button start, mp3 player and prolly more that i cant exactly get off the top of my head

but of course despite all this like i said i love my accord and i would never trade it for a toyota.... (the new altima coupe is a differnt story)

Old 07-27-2007, 12:38 AM

ORIGINAL: HuYnHness

actually i think the new camry has that it doesnt really have a key just a transponder that you leave in your pocket. gonna be honest with all yall i love hondas but they REALLY needa get with the times. accords lack projectors, push button start, mp3 player and prolly more that i cant exactly get off the top of my head

but of course despite all this like i said i love my accord and i would never trade it for a toyota.... (the new altima coupe is a differnt story)
the s2000's have a push start button. As for the mp3, your car can be equipped with an Aux to hook up an ipod or an mp3 but that's going to cost around 400 or so.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:54 AM

well i kinda meant that accords should have the push button start, projectors, and the built in mp3/cd player like the camry has. the accord is outbeat when it comes to features imo

Old 07-27-2007, 01:18 AM

^ oh, I shouldve known you were talking about the accord. I like the way the accord they way they are, not too high tech because it makes me dizzy and fustrated when I cant work something or when something messes up.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:03 AM

IM ABOUT TO CRY CAUSE THIS IS THE THIRD TIME IM TYPING THIS

well so 4 am web browsing (gen7accord.com's diy section) and i found the solution to this thread

Heres the thread
Here it is
Site it came from

you should also look on ebay i found some good deals i think ill get one myself

edit: 630am and im still up dont know why close to hitting the hay but not quite i know ppl normally wake up at this time but whatever.

anyways i just realized that you need more than just the starter kit. you also need a bypass module. some modules are in a way vehicle specific (or at least make specific) that do not net a copy of your key to work (usually more expensive) and theres the more universal ones that you need a copy of your key (at least the transponder chip) but these are normally cheaper

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Factory remote starter?