Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Factory Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Default Factory Replacement

Hello. I'm looking for a little advice.

After slamming my brakes on the highway to save a cat (the lady behind me didn't hit her brakes), I now own 2007 Accord Cpe EX-L. There's a lot I want to do to it, but biggest gripe is the factory stereo. It must be destroyed. The remaining bumper to bumper warranty has recently expired, and I want to replace the enitire sound system in the car.

I've checked Crutchfield for options, but everything they are showing me is the standard sized stereo head, and it would look beyond retarded. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm looking for something that can at least play MP3's, and has a front AUX jack. I'm not worried about iPod control. But, Bluetooth would be nice. And, if possible, I'd love a way to get a music server going.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. And, as I tackle each step, I'll probably be here a lot.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

check Car Audio Stereo - Car Subwoofers - Car Amplifiers and Speakers it really depends on what options your car had you may have to go with a lower dash mount you may be able to replace the existing deck. The deck is not going to make to terribly much difference. you are going to need amps and speakers to make a bigger difference. I would stay away from crutchfield unless you dont know what you need. I find that everytime I get on crutchfield it seems as if there are products they are trying to push. It seems as if not everything they carry comes up in a search.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Pioneer has some nice options that can do what you want. Start by browsing their website and looking at their double-din head units. once you find a model you like, let us know and we can make similar suggestions. but Pioneer does a good job lately.

i think Crutchfield is a great place to buy from and i highly recommend them to anyone. they provide more customer service and give you more installation gear and instructions than any other site. plus, you get a warranty. Sonic is only authorized for a few dealers, and the price is the same for those that are. you only save money when you forgo the warranty, and you always get less customer service and no install accessories.

we're here to help, every step of the way.

Last edited by keep_hope_alive; 06-13-2011 at 09:03 PM.