Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Which flip out touchscreen to get?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Which flip out touchscreen to get?

I am a big fan of Alpine as well, but you will pay a premium for it. aren't you fabbing a custom double-DIN console anyways?

Old 07-08-2008, 09:56 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

A plain Alpine in dash costs close to 900 bucks!

As far as thecustom moldingidk about that! I shall have 2 see...its sorta been put on hold and stuff!

I have read some really really good reviews on the Clarion and Kenwood stereo that I linked.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:04 AM

this has 2 days left at auction, and will more than likely end around your price range, this is top notch alpine unit, also i have heard nothing but good things about clarion and kenwood in dash hu's, but alpine is the best in my opinion

Old 07-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Alpine and Pioneer are my favorites. My favorite feature on the alpine is you can turn on and off these buttons on the screen, so when you press the screen you can feel a click like a button. Alpine also has the fastest iPod control, and their pretty sexy.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:39 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: importedminds

this has 2 days left at auction, and will more than likely end around your price range, this is top notch alpine unit, also i have heard nothing but good things about clarion and kenwood in dash hu's, but alpine is the best in my opinion
I think you forgot the link! lol I dont have the money right now...but when you link it up I will keep it in mind.

I dont have an iPod, I have a Creative Zen Vision M 30 gig.I think its much better than anipod IMHO and Apple had to pay for the rights to use the Zens interface so its the exact same.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:09 PM
sangoma
Unregistered

I'll try taking a picture of the background tomorrow. It's pretty plain, there are three designs you can choose from, squares, dots, and I think diamonds. Unfortunately there's no way to add more. You can change the colors of everything though, which I love.
It works really well with music, I put a portable hard drive with all my music in my glove box, and ran a USB cable to it. You could probably plug your Zen into the USB port too, but I'm not sure if it will read it correctly...

Old 07-09-2008, 08:55 PM
bmms8
Unregistered

i was thinking of getting a Pioneer Avic-F700 navigation in my 08 accord sedan. i know it is not a flip down, but i was wondering if anyone was able to retain the clock in the stock screen after getting a navi/ dvd player. it would be such a waste since its a nice screen, but if anything works please let me know!

Old 07-09-2008, 09:18 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alpin...mZ250267570874

linkage! sorry, don't know how i forgot to do that lol

Old 07-09-2008, 11:36 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Using the portable HD in your glove box is an awesome idea! You wouldnt have to worry about having your mp3 charged or anything! Very nice...if I can get a cheap one I will most likely copy that idea! lol

Ill keep up w/ the Alpine (thanks for the link!) but like I said right now I dont have the money.....insurance is going to be calling me so Ill see how much I get. Thanks!

And I guess a double DIN stereo does fit so I will have to check into those as well....somany options! I messed around w/ the Kenwood I have linked at BB today and it was fine! The interface was alotta black but I think you can customize it.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:46 PM
sangoma
Unregistered

Yeah, the HDD works well, I'm just afraid somethings going to happen to it left in the heat all the time...
buy.com has the p4000 pretty cheap; 380$. 120$ cheaper than crutchfield! http://www.buy.com/prod/pioneer-avh-...208033822.html

Quick Reply: Which flip out touchscreen to get?