Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Getting Crisp Sound in an Accord Wagon on a budget

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 09:37 AM

I'm not much help, I got rid of my cargo area

Name:  rashow027.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  98.1 KB

course, this is all changing to something simple soon anyway. lol

Old 05-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

LOL Those are audiobahn subs aren't they? No comment...

Old 05-18-2009, 11:36 AM

yup, they rocked when I had em. sold them to buy rims

Old 05-18-2009, 04:37 PM

Yes I'm sure they made a whole lot of noise...

Old 05-18-2009, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by dfaulkner
I'm not much help, I got rid of my cargo area

course, this is all changing to something simple soon anyway. lol

Well that is one use of the space!

But yes, might be a bit over the top for what I want.
Could you do a similar set up with less chrome?

Old 05-18-2009, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Moppie
Well that is one use of the space!

But yes, might be a bit over the top for what I want.
Could you do a similar set up with less chrome?
Don't let that setup fool you, audiobahn subs are sub par to say the least. Mounting the subs inverted is all about show, and the only subs crappy enough to embellish their baskets like that are audibahns. Inverted subs decrease output slightly, you risk getting debris and dust into the voice coil, the sub is designed to seal on the back edge so you have to make a way for the sub to seal properly, and not all subs function properly inverted. If your trying to save space the last thing you would want to do is mount them inverted. When you start trying to show off with audio equipment, your only going to degrade your sound. This guy doesn't sound too young, how a set up like that even interests him is above me. Audiobahn subs are about the muddiest, sloppiest, and worse built subs you can buy, and that's not an opinion.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:02 AM

You mean I can't have lots of chrome in my audio instal?

Don't worry, I strongly believe that Audio should be heard, and not seen

Old 05-19-2009, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by t00fatt
Don't let that setup fool you, audiobahn subs are sub par to say the least. Mounting the subs inverted is all about show, and the only subs crappy enough to embellish their baskets like that are audibahns. Inverted subs decrease output slightly, you risk getting debris and dust into the voice coil, the sub is designed to seal on the back edge so you have to make a way for the sub to seal properly, and not all subs function properly inverted. If your trying to save space the last thing you would want to do is mount them inverted. When you start trying to show off with audio equipment, your only going to degrade your sound. This guy doesn't sound too young, how a set up like that even interests him is above me. Audiobahn subs are about the muddiest, sloppiest, and worse built subs you can buy, and that's not an opinion.
Yup, you're exactly correct. I sure don't know alot about audio, hell I didn't even hook all that stuff up. And you're also correct, I'm an old dude by todays import modding standards. I could give two ****s if they were so loud my windows cracked. If you'd take two seconds to stop criticising something and look at my ride, you'd KNOW it is being built as a SHOW car. Hence the reason the subs are mounted inverted to show off the chrome and flames. They hit hard, sounded great, and did the job. I also got the entire setup for cheap, which since I am also a family man, helps out alot. I KNOW it's not what he is looking for, I was just posting to keep the thread interesting. Oh, and lastly, I'm building this car for me, so if I want to mount them inverted on the hood, I will.

That being said, if you want something simple, when I first got my wagon, the previous owner had two 10 inch subs in a simple box that ran across right behind the back seat. you could also do a stealth sub location in the back right storage compartment. (there is a write up about it on accordwagonclub.com) There are a couple options for quality sound and still be able to use all or most of the cargo area, but what do I know, i'm just an old guy with crappy audio

Old 05-20-2009, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by dfaulkner

That being said, if you want something simple, when I first got my wagon, the previous owner had two 10 inch subs in a simple box that ran across right behind the back seat. you could also do a stealth sub location in the back right storage compartment. (there is a write up about it on accordwagonclub.com) There are a couple options for quality sound and still be able to use all or most of the cargo area, but what do I know, i'm just an old guy with crappy audio

And you've just given me a damn good idea
I'll have a measure up of the storage compartment.
But, the 4th gens come with a single 6x9 on the opposite side. I wonder if there is room in there on the 5th gen as well.
I need to peel back the interior to fix the ariel, so I'll have a look.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Moppie
And you've just given me a damn good idea
I'll have a measure up of the storage compartment.
But, the 4th gens come with a single 6x9 on the opposite side. I wonder if there is room in there on the 5th gen as well.
I need to peel back the interior to fix the ariel, so I'll have a look.
there is some room on the drivers side, once you remove the stock panel.

Quick Reply: Getting Crisp Sound in an Accord Wagon on a budget