Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Good Deal or Bad Deal

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 11:44 PM
Default RE: Good Deal or Bad Deal

^ double post, but hope you find the best setup for your needs

Old 07-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: tru_44

I being truthful there are many all u have to do is look. there are 100's of brands out there many u may have neva heard of. look at spec's/ details

Specs aren't everything, not even including the tendency for specs to be false in the car audio industry, you can find a sub with great specs but still isn't built strongly. The build quality of Kickers surpass that of any other sub in the price range. If you treat them right a pair of Kickers will last you years, I bet I have two more years left on my Kickers. Also there aren't 100 diffrent brands to choose from, try more like 10...[sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 07-17-2007, 10:50 AM

Yes the install is very easy. If you were able to install your deck you should be able to do it. If anything, you can buy your subs and amp from somewhere else and have it installed professionaly at any individual business in car audio. There are plenty of those everywhere. Don't limit yourself to BB and CC, etc. Also, look into a capacitor of some sort depending on the kind of setup you buy.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

I being truthful there are many all u have to do is look. there are 100's of brands out there many u may have neva heard of. look at spec's/ details

Specs aren't everything, not even including the tendency for specs to be false in the car audio industry, you can find a sub with great specs but still isn't built strongly. The build quality of Kickers surpass that of any other sub in the price range. If you treat them right a pair of Kickers will last you years, I bet I have two more years left on my Kickers. Also there aren't 100 diffrent brands to choose from, try more like 10...[sm=icon_beat.gif]
we need an icon for match'

[sm=icon_guiness.gif]

maybe this guy drinknig what appears to be oil can substitute

Old 07-17-2007, 10:46 PM

MTX subs any good. Crutchfield has a 2 for 1 deal going on on mtx subs. So to be a cheap shopper that sounds good. But i have no idea what subs are good and bad besides xplod

Old 07-18-2007, 01:07 AM

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

........ kickers are nice andare spl subs. what if someone wanted a sq subsuch as a tc, fi, xxx, allhigh end brands around same price of L7but out perform in sq. I'm sayin thatthere are subs in same price range that do great and people look for different things in a sub.So i understand kicker is a quality brand but there are others.
[sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 07-18-2007, 01:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Kyle

MTX subs any good. Crutchfield has a 2 for 1 deal going on on mtx subs. So to be a cheap shopper that sounds good. But i have no idea what subs are good and bad besides xplod
the higher models are good haven't really tested lower models

Old 07-19-2007, 01:06 AM

I think im going to get a pair of Kicker Comp VRs. Found this on ebay. Only thing that looks fishy is the sound storm amp. Would i have to end up replacing the amp after a month because it overheated and blew up

http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-KICKER-CVR12...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 07-19-2007, 08:53 AM

wtf is sound storm? i would be wary of anything that cheap, honestly...unless I could verify the model of the stuff being sold

Arent good amps usually a couple hundred....100 for an enclosure like that...100 per sub....so maybe 400?

Old 07-19-2007, 09:08 PM

yeah. Probably just buy the subs and that stuff seperately or find a better deal on ebay that a sound storm amp

Quick Reply: Good Deal or Bad Deal