Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Help- questions!: 1994 accord ex

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Default Help- questions!: 1994 accord ex

Hi,

I am a new member! Looking forward to stay on this forum and participate in the discussion!

I just bought a 1994 Honda accord ex (today) 120k miles, runs great/using it for my daily commute, great on gas very clean from inside, I am the third owner!

I need some help and have following questions:

- The break light lamp is on the meter and the rear break (right side) is not working, can someone please help me with this (I understand the light I on because the break light is not working).

- I want to know if there is any way to install the keyless entry/Remote entry for this call, if yes I would appreciate if you can suggest reliable brand/aftermarket estimated price etc.

- Front passenger side window is making a very little squeaking sound while pulling it down; no sound while pulling it up..(I'm surprised).

I am looking forward to your response and suggestions!

Thx
Rahul

Old 05-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

welcome Rahul.

have you already replaced the rear brake light with a new bulb?

yes, an aftermarket alarm/remote start can be added to the car, pretty easily i might add. You'll have to call around to some local shops. Viper/DEI are popular and very reliable. I installed an Autopage RS-900-LCD in my Accord and I love it and the features.

For the window you can get inside the door and add some lithium grease along the hinges track. once you remove the inner door panel, and the door plastic, you'll have access to the inside of the door.

for more information on wiring and how to remove panels, pick up a Hanes or Chilton manual for the car. they'll give you most of the information you'll need.

And make sure you have a set of metric sockets (and nut drivers) as 10mm is a popular size in the car (as are 8mm, 12mm, and 14mm).

Old 09-07-2010, 08:55 AM

Hi,

Sorry for late reply!

Thanks for your response and suggestions provided, I was able to fix my Window noise and light problem.
Regarding keyless remote, I have dropped the idea for now and will be working on it few weeks from now.

Thanks again!