Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

How to install amp on 08 Accord LX-P

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Default How to install amp on 08 Accord LX-P

I have been searching high an low for a FULL TUTORIAL on how to install an amp in my 08 Accord LX-P. if anyone knows of a link that has pictures or video instructions, it would be greatly appreciated!

Old 12-26-2009, 01:36 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ben4bama
I have been searching high an low for a FULL TUTORIAL on how to install an amp in my 08 Accord LX-P. if anyone knows of a link that has pictures or video instructions, it would be greatly appreciated!
Tell you what, later on tonight or maybe tomorrow, if I get the chance I can make you a tutorial video. Now, mine's already hooked up, but I'll start from the front and tell you each and every step you need to take.

It's VERY simple, really. I was thinking of making a tutorial, anyways, and posting it on Youtube since there are no really good ones.

Old 12-26-2009, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by HondaAccordEX94
Tell you what, later on tonight or maybe tomorrow, if I get the chance I can make you a tutorial video. Now, mine's already hooked up, but I'll start from the front and tell you each and every step you need to take.

It's VERY simple, really. I was thinking of making a tutorial, anyways, and posting it on Youtube since there are no really good ones.
Thanks bud, i really appreciate that. also what type of converters do i need to get? everything on the LX-P is stock and i know i will need an AV converter but how did you fix the noise canceling feature?

Old 12-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ben4bama
Thanks bud, i really appreciate that. also what type of converters do i need to get? everything on the LX-P is stock and i know i will need an AV converter but how did you fix the noise canceling feature?
Wait, why would you need an AV converter?

Also, is this amp for speakers or subwoofer?

Old 12-27-2009, 05:46 PM

Wait, why would you need an AV converter?

Also, is this amp for speakers or subwoofer?
I meant to say the converter that gives you the red and white outputs. but this amp will be for two 12' Kenwood Subs powered by a 1200W Sony explode amp

Old 12-27-2009, 06:49 PM

That would be awesome. I was looking for diy on how to hook up amp to a stock unit too. I will be checking back to see your tutorial HondaAccordEX94.

thanks

Old 12-28-2009, 04:21 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Alright, sweet. I just needed all of the details before doing the video.

As for a converter, you shouldn't need one. What you need for hookup is a 20ft 8 AWG cable for power (This is most likely red, but the color obviously doesn't matter.) a 3ft (NO longer) 8 AWG cable for the grounding wire. This one may be brown or black in a kit, but again, the color doesn't matter. You'll also need some 12 or 14 gauge speaker wire for the subs and 20ft of it for the remote cable running from your car stereo to the amp in the trunk. Other than that, you'll just need the RCA Audio cables. I assume you two bought a amplifier installation kit though, so in that case you should have everything.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:22 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Oh, and I'll post the video Tuesday. I'll uninstall mine and reinstall it on video.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:44 AM

I just need help on how to connect the AV converter (red&white wires) and the Remote wire from the amp to the car stock unit.

thanks

Old 12-28-2009, 12:08 PM

Also what accord will the video be on?

Quick Reply: How to install amp on 08 Accord LX-P