Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

How to install amp on 08 Accord LX-P

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Almost A Senior Member

I'll be doing the video on a '94 Accord EX.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:00 AM

How's the video coming? are you going to post it on this thread?

Old 02-14-2010, 04:09 AM
Almost A Senior Member

**** guys. I'm sooo sorry. I mae the video twice, with many flaws, and meant to start over. And then a bunch of **** came up what with me attempting to transfer schools and then dropping out of school and trying to get my GED. Then, my car battery TOTALLY dies, and I'm working on getting a new one, but I'm broke.

Anyways, I've got my car stripped, with should make it easier for me to make the video again. The problem I had in the last two, though, was that I was the one filiming it AND doing all of the work, so it had crappy angles. It was frustrating. And I can't find anyone to help me shoot the video. But I'll give it another shot.

Is there any specific problem you're having with the installation? Like, do you kinda know what you're doing, but there are some problem areas? Or are you totally clueless and need a full tutorial? If you just need to know certain things then let me know before I attempt to shoot it for the third time. Lol.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:23 AM

I do not know about everyone else here, but what I plan to do come this spring is install a 4 channel amp and power my 2 front door speakers and 2 rear deck speakers. So if you could just show how to connect the power and ground wires to the amp, and also the remote signal wire. also i have a stock headunit, how do you get the speaker wires for a sub to work along with that?

but man, if you're having some troubles right now dont go wasting your time making a video for me at least haha. I can wait till things settle out for you.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Well, to my best knowledge there are no RCA outputs on a stock head unit. I may be wrong, but I think for the most part there are none. You can pull your head unit out and check to see.

If not, you'll need one of these high/low level converters.

This guy explains it very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwZMCzCcoI4

And tonight I should be able to make another attempt at making this vid if you just need to know how to connect the amplifier up.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:38 PM

I may be purchasing a JL cleansweep, now (if you can go and look it up) could you tell me if that allows for connecting an amp? and even better could i hook up an ipod and an amp and a sub?

if you have no clue thats fine, best of luck.

the OP wanted a full tutorial for the amp installation, but we havent heard from him yet so...

Old 02-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Newest Of Newbies

they sell sub and amp kits at wall mart and yea there no more than 20 bucks patince is a major especially when you have no clue what you are doing dissconnect your batttery also hiding the wires is pretty easy just alot of work on my 96' accord i pulled up the plastic thresh hold and ran them through there PM me if anything

do not run your amp without a INLINE FUSE

Old 02-14-2010, 11:52 PM
Newest Of Newbies

what model clean sweep and your stock head unit will not have he option to hook up your amp to it your sub does not connect to your head unit the amp connects to the sub

Old 02-15-2010, 12:29 PM

I'm looking to buy the JL Audio CL441dsp CleanSweep model. This would take my speaker wires from the tweeter up front, front door mids, and rear deck speakers and send that to where ever i want i believe. This image is sort of what I'm looking for.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchf...o_diagram.jpeg

So what I'd hopefully be able to do is send the signal to the cleansweep, then to the amp and then to the speakers. Another goal of mine is to connect my ipod but i dont want to spend $150 on a USA Spec adapter. Are the RCA inputs on the clean sweep being used to send a signal to the amp? The thing i dont know is what wires go where and why.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

The best way to learn about the functionality and connections for the Clean Sweep is to download the installation manual.

You don't need to intercept the tweeter wires, it is just in parallel with the front speaker. the only time you need to intercept individual wires is when they are separately powered from a factory amp.

In your case, the best option for intercepting factory wires would be to buy two Metra wiring harnesses. Then you can deal with standard wiring colors (link in sig).
Into car harness 70-1721
Into OE radio harness 71-1721

You won't find the latter at any local store, you'll have to order it.

DON'T BUY CAR AUDIO FROM WALMART. Nothing they sell, wiring or accessories, is worth your time or money.

A good 4awg amp kit will cost more than $20. Streetwires, Stinger, Rockford Fosgate, JL Audio, Knu Konceptz, etc. make reliable kits with properly sized wire. I recommend 4awg as a minimum to allow for an average sound system. If you plan on more than 1000W RMS of actual power consider 1/0 wire. For you, 4awg is probably fine.

I have a build log in my sig with detailed pics to give you an idea of how to properly route and run wiring. You dont need to disassemble the car to the extent I did, but you'll get the idea. For a good description of how to properly install car audio, refer to USACi or MECA installation rules.
http://www.soundoff.org/rules/usacisqrules2010.pdf
http://www.mecacaraudio.com/2010rulebook.pdf
While you may not be competing, the installation rules give a good description. Follow those rules and you won't have any issues.

Last edited by keep_hope_alive; 02-15-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Quick Reply: How to install amp on 08 Accord LX-P