Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

How to install amp on 08 Accord LX-P

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
first, Power Acoustic amps are very overrated. second, music is dynamic and power output is always varying. most of the time, you're only giving the speakers a few watts (regardless of the amp you have). the speakers will only get as much power as the volume **** and gain adjustment allow. having more power than you need is the key to low distortion. you'll be just fine with that amp on the speakers listed as long as you are careful with gain settings.
Yeah man, the power acoustic thing was me being hyper and excited and buying it without much thought. I'm sure it will do its job, but I'm not looking to get much else from this amp. I was looking at a rockford amp with a 50 watt rms (4 channels) for $300.00. The power acoustic was rated 150 rms (4) for about $125.00. Now i fully understand most RF amps are underrated and the power acoustic is overrated, but i couldn't justify the cost increase! Maybe this setup will work for me, I'm not extremely picky in regards to sound quality and dont need bells in whistles in an amp. All I'm worried about at this point is getting my moneys worth but more importantly keeping my things safe.

But what you're saying is keep the gains and volume at a minimum? How can i know how far is too far? (without a blown speaker of course...)