Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

I need technical help please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 06:39 PM
CHUSTZ
Unregistered
Default I need technical help please!

Ok, here goes... I have a 08 Accord. I have two 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch Woofers, a Rockford Fosgate Punch 200m amp and a Rockford Fosgate Punch 160.4 amp. I had these in my old Accord and now I would like to put them in the new one. My question is this though... In my old Accord, I had an Alpine deck that had seperate eq's. I listen to alot of different musics. So....1) Can the radio in the Accord EX-L handle this set up? I obviously don't want to get into the whole custom issue of putting in a new deck since you can't just replace them like you could back in the day. and 2) What advice does someone have to offer concerning this? My old deck allowed me to change the eq settings for the different musics I listened to. Do I really even need to be concerned about that or should I go ahead and just have this installed in the new Accord? Any precautions you think? I am also interested in switching out all the stock speakers already in the car. The old Accord I had put Focals in, boy were they sweet!!

Old 10-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: I need technical help please!

Get a JL Cleansweep. You will have to find a home for a new volume ****, but this is the best way to integrate a dual amp system with a stock HU.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

Get a JL Cleansweep. You will have to find a home for a new volume ****, but this is the best way to integrate a dual amp system with a stock HU.
Not to mention you will get much better audio quality. Stock radios have built in EQs that try and compensate for crappy speakers. If you want to keep the stock HU and have a quality system you need a Cleansweep.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:41 PM
CHUSTZ
Unregistered

WELL... CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THAT IT? A CLEANSWEEP? I'M OBVIOUSLY A LITTLE BIT IGNORANT TO THESE THINGS...

Old 10-28-2008, 09:27 PM

CLICK HERE for all the info you could ask for on the Cleansweep. I believe one of our members has one installed, rtexasf if I remember correctly.

EDIT: You do know there is a kit for the 8th gen to install an aftermarket radio right? I'm not 100% if it replaces the stock radio or not, I'll look into it.

EDIT1: The kit does replace the stock radio.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:53 PM

It's exactly what the first link says it is when you type "JL Cleansweep" into google.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:49 PM
CHUSTZ
Unregistered

Yea, I read all that already and I didn't understand a word of it. That's why I asked you to elaborate a little for me. I'm just a stupid girl. And I know there is a kit but I don't want to get into a custom issue. It's too expensive to have it done RIGHT. I don't want to spend that on that. Thanks anyway for your help.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:48 AM

Well basicly. Cleansweep converts the signle of your headunit to rca signles and balnaces out the audio to a flat line. In which you can then use the eq on your amp to control the sound basicly. If you dont want to use that I used the scosche output convertor at walmart for my friends car. If you would like I would be happy an try to get pics of the set up for u. However i just wired an sub for now. But its basicly the same from their you would just end up needing the wires for the other speakers.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:46 AM

The Cleansweep takes the crap signal from your stock head unit and then using its DSP, it EQ's that signal to virtually a flat line like it would be if it were coming from the RCA outputs of an aftermarket deck. It then boosts the signal by 8 volts and sends it out to the amps. The added boost in signal helps get the sound over the noise floor (the hiss thats in the signal inherently.

It also has a cool current sensing turn on feature and has its own remote turn on lead. The benefit of this is it will sense the current coming in off the speaker wires and turn itself on so you dont have to run a remote wire. Whats more is that you can use the remote lead out of the Cleansweep to use to turn on your amps so you dont have to run a turn on lead for them either.

The Rockford Fosgate 360.1 is another nice alternative.