Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Install sub and amp

Old 09-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Default Install sub and amp

I read the rules on posting in the DIY section and got kinda confused so if I'm posting this wrongly I apologize. But anyways. I just got an 07 Accord coupe a couple weeks ago and was given a 10" infinity sub in box and an amp. I looked on here for how to do it and couldn't quite find an answer but I found out what equipment I needed to buy and I went out and bought it all. I'm just wondering how to install the line out converter to the head unit, how to connect the amp to the line out converter, where I can find a proper place to ground it, where I could find a hole in the firewall to run the positive battery cable, and how to connect my amp to my sub. I have the amp wiring kit, a giant roll of speaker wire, a line out converter, and of course the sub and amp. I'd greatly appreciate some help because I do not want to pay around 120 bucks to get it installed by a "professional". I'm not too savvy in this area of cars so a detailed step by step would be GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited by StevenVergara; 09-27-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:24 PM

I just wired a sub in a coupe yesterday. It's fairly simple. If you bought a wiring kit it should have come with the following: ground wire (about 1 ft long) power wire (with fuse attached to it), remote wire (most likely small thin blue wire), RCA (like DVD and tv output cables) and speaker wire. Okay this is how you do it. You need to take your power wire, hook it to your positive side on battery. Put the side with the fuse closest to the end of the wire on the battery. Make sure the fuse it out before you make the connection. To make it through the firewall, you can do 2 things. 1) drill hole. I do not suggest this way, but you do what you gotta do. 2) find where factory wires go through the firewall. Usually through a rubber hole. That's your best bet. You feed it through there so it comes into your car. Pull out panels and door trim to hide the wires under them as you feed the wire to the back of your car. That part isn't that hard. When you are doing this, feed your RCA and remote cable right along with the power wire. Just don't put RCA and remote through firewall. RCA and remote go into the back of your stereo or deck. The remote wire should splice into another blue wire in the back of your deck. The RCA has a spot for them too. Btw this is with an aftermarket deck. One everything is wired through the car and hidden from sight. Place panels back on and reassemble car parts. Put the fuse back into the power wire under your hood. On your amp it should be labeled the different spots for the wires. Splice the ends and insert them into your amp. Finally, use 2-3 feet of speaker wire to connect to the back of your sub box and then into your amp. This should complete your setup. Just make sure you go into your stereos settings and turn your amp to normal, or on. Then mess with control settings until you get it to where you like the sound. Like I said, I just installed a sub yesterday on a coupe. If you have any questions or concerns, let me know

Old 10-03-2012, 05:27 PM

Oh I forgot one thing. The ground wire. This is the 1-2 foot wire the same gauge as the power wire. This goes into your amp and it attaches to a bolt somewhere in the trunk of your car. Make sure the bolt is on the frame of the vehicle. Do not turn your car on with out your ground hooked in!! That should be it

Old 10-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

He won't have a remote or RCA from the head unit since he has stock.

The Line output converter (LOC) you use should have an auto turn-on feature which gives a remote turn in for the amp.

The LOC will have four speaker wires for inputs, pos and neg for left, pos and neg for right. Best place to land these is at the rear speakers. You can splice the factory speaker wires or solder onto the factory speaker terminals. I will share color codes.

With this, you still have the power and ground wires as mentioned above. RCA will come from the LOC output and go into the amp. The remote will also go from LOC output to the amp.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/White
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue/Black
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Pink
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue/Yellow

Old 10-05-2012, 07:41 AM

Oh sorry, my bad. I didn't realize you had a stock deck. I'm not too familiar with the 07 stock stereo, but keep_hope_alive sounds correct. Sorry if my post made anything confusing. Best of luck