Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

installed parrot 3100 handsfree today

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Default installed parrot 3100 handsfree today

I was disappointed with Honda for not offering bluetooth handsfree in the Accord. Especially with the Navi system which already has a functioning voice recognition system.

Regardless, I decided to purchase the Parrot CK3100

http://www.parrot.biz/usa/products/index.php?id=ck3100

The system has TONS of functionality. It auto synchronizes the phonebook from my Motorola Razr, and you can use its own voice recognition or the voice recognition on your actual phone.

It automatically mutes the system in the car and uses the front driver side speaker as the speaker phone. I installed the very effective microphone to the left of the driver's visor pointed right at me.

The wiring would be an absolute nightmare, except that I ordered a wire harness from this guy:

http://members.***.net/quickconnect/donotcut.html

So far it works seamlessly with the Navi and sound system. Without that harness, there would have literally been 50 wires to sort through and figure out what to splice. With the harness, I literally just plugged it in and it worked. Getting the hardware for the system and the huge amount of wiring in place behind the stereo/navi unit was a bit of a pain.

All in all, it wasn't a bad install.

One frustrating thing: I left a couple of nicks between the stereo and vent unit from when I had to pry up the vent unit to remove the stereo. Frustrating, since the car has only 200 miles on it!

I'll update after a couple of days driving as to how it sounds and functions.

Sadly, the system is made by a French company. Ugh.

___
06 V6 MT Navi
Nighthawk

Old 04-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Default RE: installed parrot 3100 handsfree today

can you post pics of how/where you mounted the display/control thing? thanx...

Old 04-26-2006, 08:41 PM

Yeah, I will. Give me a week. Right now, it is on my driver's side vent, using a vent clip that came with it. I want to make sure the thing is fully functional for at least a week, then I'll probably permanently mount it right next to the vent. That's for the display box.

The control box is underneat the lower storage compartment, on the floor out of sight.

So far today, it has been working perfectly and a couple of people with whom I've talked had no idea I was on speakerphone.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:50 PM

gotta love that.. the speakerphones that don't sound like speakerphones rock... I too would love to see some pics

Old 08-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Turbo Duane
Unregistered

Great Informaton, I too was disappointed Honda didn't include it on my new EX-L w/ Nav, It was one reason I wanted the Camry over the Honda. Alas the Honda won out, but blue tooth should have been part of the NAV System.

As a matter of fact, I just ordered one myself.

Old 08-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Turbo Duane
Unregistered

Where did you install the microphone? Did you have to remove the stereo? I'm new to the Accord, and am wondering how to get behind the dash w/o screwing it up.

I'm thinking that I want to to mount the mic between the mirror and visor, but haven't figured out how to run the wire up there.

Any advise you have would be helpfull.

Thanks,
TD