General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parrot CK3000 Evolution car kit way too loud

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 03:26 AM
slicendice
Unregistered
Default Parrot CK3000 Evolution car kit way too loud

Hi
Well, after having my Parrot CK3000 Evolution car kit sat in it's box for the best part of a year and not being able to fathom the mysteries of removing the necessary facia in order to fit it myself (yeh I know....I'm not the greatest at DIY!! ), I found somewhere local to get it fitted.

It's now all fitted OK but I have a new problem that I never thought I'd have! It's basically that it'sinsanely too loud, to the point that it nearly makes my ears bleed! If you're stood outside the car with all doors/windows shut you can clearly hear everything that's being said on the phone! Now the kit does have a volume setting, but the very lowest volume setting is still way, way too loud. Adjusting the volume on the car hifi doesn't seem to make the blindest bit of difference and I've even tried turning the volume down on the phone itself but again to no avail. I've got the audio harness fitted too so the auto-muting can work but I have no idea why this is happening.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? And more importantly does anyone have any idea on how I can sort this out? (I have a new shape 2003 Accord 2.0 Executive with premium sound system)

Any help would be hugely appreicated!

Thanks....

PS I was going to put this in the Audio/Visual Electronics section, but it doesn't seem to be working at the moment...?

Old 01-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Default RE: Parrot CK3000 Evolution car kit way too loud

iwould think you could tear it apart and splice in a secondary variable resistor.