Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

installing aftermarket head unit

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 04:43 PM
djurchicprelude
Unregistered
Default installing aftermarket head unit

ok guys i have an 05 accord and im trying to install an aftermarket headunit in the lower din. i bought the install kit from sound domain and i havea few questions:

first being: how do i mount the headunit to the install kit? there doesnt seem to be any tabs.
second: do i absolutly need the wiring harness or is there a wiring diagram i can use to just tap the stock wires: (cause i want the stock headunit to light up as well so it has to be pluged in.

um i think thats about it so far. if there are any stickes or old threads that you can point me out to that would be great cause honestly the search is just not that amazing. ok thanks for the help in advance

Old 01-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Default RE: installing aftermarket head unit

Wow, the first mod I've done, that I can help a member on here on! WOO HOO!!

Ok, well, first off. I bought a Metra kit. All it is, is a cover for the lower storage compartment. It converts that into a din. It should have come with a wiring harness. This harness makes it 100% easier to install. That way you don't have to remote the radio at all.

If you don't have the harness, you will have to test each wire to hard wire it to your car.

Sal

Old 01-11-2007, 02:12 AM
Default RE: installing aftermarket head unit

im actually not sure cause i havent played with it myself but shouldnt the radio and ac have separate wires? so that the thing still works without the radio? uhhh i think im wrong....

i just remembered if you have the diagram for the harness that might help you figure out which wire is which so you can tap into them