Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

iPod integration!!

Old 07-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Default iPod integration!!

hi.

wanted to fill in folks on my new project. today i'm getting the Dension IceLink:Plus for my '05 accord (from logjam electronics www.logjamelectronics.com). it will replace the XM on my factory stereo, and has a ton of features:

ipod control from the head unit (and sterring wheel controls!) including playlist selection, track advance/rewind
automatically play/pause when iPod input is selected
charges iPod (for 20mins after car is shut off too!)
text display of track information on the factory stereo (for XM-enabled, which mine is)

a downside for some is, you have to disconnect XM...i don't subscribe anyway, so no problem there...

anyway, it will be arriving in an hour or so, and i'm doing the install myself (with the help of http://distantcreations.com/accordipod/). if this works as advertised, i'd recommend it to everyone. updates to follow...

Old 07-15-2005, 04:26 PM
Default RE: iPod integration!!

install took 20 minutes. text display on the radio isn't compatible with my accord, but everything else works great. sound quality is super.

Old 07-25-2005, 02:17 AM
ha007
Unregistered

Does anyone know of a way to integrate an iPod in a '98 Accord. Ie what is in behind the radio? Does it have an Aux In or something like that?

Old 07-25-2005, 10:19 AM

This is a good thread.

I don't know about the '98 but I know that a lot of the newer stock radios have a simple AUX in in the back of the head unit and there are iPod cables you can get that plug right into them by an aftermarket company.

I wish there was an easy way of integrating an iPod into an 03 - 06 Accord. I have been looking for an easy way but have not found it. I'll have a look at the pics. In Canada we don't have XM radio so I'm not sure if this will work..... I have the EX V6 Coupe.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:33 PM

gummi_67 and ha007

you should have a cd changer port anyway. check the application chart for various products. most of the cables can be found at logjamelectronics.com

Old 07-26-2005, 02:31 PM

steev got any pics?

Old 08-02-2005, 07:40 PM

now that it's installed, it's just a wire coming out from under the console next to the carpet. it ends in an iPod plug, which i have sitting in a cupholder thingy. for install pics, see the above link (2nd link in 1st post). the only difference in mine is that i just pulled the wire out at the carpet, just behind the shifter, instead of hiding the iPod in the console. i like to see what's playing . aw, hell...i'm going out to the car to take a camera phone shot...it's probably going to suck though

[IMG]local://upfiles/750/D2C8F0E74C3442C5A391FB3D5C511E9A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/750/86D85714052B488886B7020D4DAD62DE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-06-2005, 02:22 PM
AcCoupeV6Driver
Unregistered

Steev, I installed Icelink on my 2005 V6 Coupe with 6 Speed. Went through a fair amount of anxiety because 6 speed came with CD changer which hides the radio aux plug, but eventually got everything installed. I have the Icelink doc that I just velcroed to an old phone mount that I no longer use. My question to you though is do you have XM radio and are you able to use it as well. Here is a long descripton of my install activities if anyone is interested: http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...9&page=2&pp=30

Old 09-07-2005, 02:48 PM

no, the icelink plugs into the same port as the XM antenna.

(so i had to disconnect the XM to install)

-s

edit: i read your thread on v6performance.net...i see your problem...i don't have that problem cause i ain't payin' no $13 a month for crappy XM service. i used the 3 free months when i got the car, and was not impressed. my ipod has 9000 songs and is well organized, so it's all i use.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:04 PM
AcCoupeV6Driver
Unregistered

steev, yep, I hear you. I am loving the quality of the sound with the iPod, so have second thoughts. Have a switch on order and on the way to me. Would like to install it and make sure it works so I will have it as a plus for resale. Will post regardless as there are those that still want both.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: iPod integration!!