Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Kicker Sub

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Default RE: Kicker Sub

ohhhhh well shyt...yea i more than likely wanna be heard from 20 blocks away..lol...there arent any subs that are more on the SQ side that are still that loud??....

and i am understanding it....i know that they are measurements im jus sayin as if they were actual subs jus to distinguish the two.. if it has better SQ than SPL meanin if its really crisp and clean bass i call it a SQ sub and if its really loud and kinda crappy i call it a SPL sub plain and simple...that may not be the case but its easier to distinguish the two!!....

Old 12-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Well finch I don't mean to hate on your subs but they don't pack much punch either. But they do have good SQ and not so great SPL. But type-rs have good SPL and good SQ. Accordmaster a CVX seems to be what your looking for, I know it was for me. My sub is loud, and has great SPL and good SQ. If you wan't to still be pretty loud and increase yoru SQ I think a CVX is your best option, even a 15".

EDIT: And yes that is the gist of it pretty much, you have to compromise. There is no sub with monster SPL and great SQ.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:23 PM

thank you thats all i needed to hear....that will be my choise of sub now...and as for the amp for the cvx...stick to the 750.1?? or should i go slightly higher...

and also since im currently without a 750.1 could u help me tuen my amp to better the bass that i have now..?

Old 12-01-2008, 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

Well finch I don't mean to hate on your subs but they don't pack much punch either. But they do have good SQ and not so great SPL.
No worries, I know they're not great. Even Alpine's bottom-of-the-line sub still sounds amazing for what I use it for. I want a JL 12w7 or Type-R 10... I may move back down to a single sub for more trunk room and less weight...

Old 12-01-2008, 02:29 PM

Which amp to get depends on the size you want. If a 750.1 is the biggest you can afford, I would go with a 12". I don't know how the 15" would sound on 750w, but if you want to bring out the SQ your going to have to give it all the power she'll take. The 15" would love a 1000.1 amp. But the 12" is still a lot of bass, and a bit of an investment. My ZX750.1 and 12" CVX was bit more then $450, so expect to pay more then $500 for a 15".

Old 12-01-2008, 02:30 PM

Oh yea finch one type- r or especially a W7 will blow both your type-e's away!

Old 12-01-2008, 02:32 PM

damn are u serious??..well shyt..i guess id stick with the 12 for now then...man...cuz im very limited on money might i add...but i live in tx and prices arent so high down here..still alot of money...wat if i got a 15 on the amp i have now?? and got the amp later?

Old 12-01-2008, 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

Oh yea finch one type- r or especially a W7 will blow both your type-e's away!
Yeah I just don't want to underpower them... I'd like to keep my MRP-M350 amp and just replace the subs... i dunno... Its not big on my list... just something I want to do.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:38 PM

ORIGINAL: AccordLXMaster

damn are u serious??..well shyt..i guess id stick with the 12 for now then...man...cuz im very limited on money might i add...but i live in tx and prices arent so high down here..still alot of money...wat if i got a 15 on the amp i have now?? and got the amp later?
Remind me which amp you have again? You can do that, it's always good to let the sub break in before it sees any real power. But until you get the new amp it's not going to sound so great. All depends on what you want to do.

EDIT: Finch if your running that little power, it would be suited going to one sub. 350w even going to one sub isn't much. Keeping that amp is the last thing I would do. If your gonna get new subs, don't run them on that little power. You won't see any improvement. If you just up the amp and keep the type-es you will see a nice improvement. Give those subs what they want!

Old 12-01-2008, 02:40 PM

i have this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/PROFILE-AP1000M-...ayphotohosting

all your info is right there

Quick Reply: Kicker Sub