Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Kicker Sub

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 07:27 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Kicker Sub

Ahh now that wouldn't be such a crazy idea. It would be easy to sell the L5 on eBay, there very popular with kids, who are the ones buying subs the most often. Just be sure to mention it has never seen more then power then what you have given it.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:08 PM

so you mean that i should say that its only seen 1000w of power?..and yea no lie they are popular cuz imma yung one myself...well..im an adult yet not a grown man if u get my drift....so yea they are pretty popular cuz apparently i have one...but what do you think i should go for as far as size wise..(lol) should i stay with the 12 or up it to 15? and also i was thinking about havin more than one size...like...2 10"s 2 12"s and 1 15" that way they would be able to hit all levels of notes...good idea or bad??

Old 11-30-2008, 08:29 PM

it takes some extremely precise tuning to mix sub sizes like that but it is possible. plz correct me if im wrong t00fat

Old 11-30-2008, 08:39 PM

That sub has never seen more than 500w. The size of the sub depends on what sound you like. Different subs sound different, and for you to really understand what I'm talking about you would have to hear them. A 10" is going to give you very punchy bass, which is great for rock. A 15" is going to give you a much bigger boom on the lows and not as much of a punch in the highs. A 12" is kind of a balance between the two. I listen mostly to reggae and ska hardcore so a 12" is perfect for me. It will boom on the lows and have a punch on the highs. A CVX i think would be perfect for you. You seem to like an SPL sub, and the CVX is basically a SPL sub with pretty good SQ. It even won a few SQ contests when I was looking into buying my sub. I can't really help you choose any other subs, because it has been so long since I've gone around and listened to different subs, so I don't really remember each different sound. Only subs I really hear regularly are L7s, JL W6 & W7s. I can be more a help with speakers as I still have that a bit fresh in my mind. As for running different size subs, I thought the same several years ago. I can't remember for sure, but I believe I read that the different size subs would cancel each other out. Now I haven't really thought of this again till now. Now I may lose you here but that's cool I'm stoned. If both the subs are playing the same frequencies would cancel each other out(EDIT:basically the bass from the 10" is drowned out), what if you crossed them at different levels like you would with a woofer and a tweeter. Say if you took a 15" in a sealed and crossed it at 35/40hz and a 10" crossed at 85/90hz? But I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this, so chances are it does't work like I think it would. Acoustics is a crazy crazy thing.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:38 PM

DAMN..LOL..WELL SHYT I LISTEN TO ALOT OF DOWN SOUTH MUSIC.....Z-RO/CHAMILLIONAIRE/TRAE/YUNG JOC/ BLAH BLAH BLAH....STILL THINK I SHUD STICK TO THE 12" OR SHOULD I GO FOR THE 15"??

Old 11-30-2008, 10:14 PM

AND ALSO I NOTICED THERE WERE A FEW SIZES IN BETWEEN...THINK I SHOULD GO FOR THE 18" OR THE 13"

Old 11-30-2008, 10:27 PM

Well also the bigger you go the bigger the investment. I'm not sure how well a box for an 18" would fit in an accord. If your looking at the W7 13" and you can afford it BUY IT! You will not be disappointed! But that seems to be a bit out of your price range. Honestly a 15" sounds right up your ally, a 15" CVX wouldn't be a bad way to go. If you want to get more information about how different subs sound and what not, check out the forums at caraudio.com. But if you think I'm an *** wait to you see those guys. They don't exactly get excited about newbie questions, and their mods arn't as nice, clay would have been banned days ago.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:32 PM

well damn...well i guess ill try to run a 15" then...stay with one or go for 2?...gotta 98 lx lots of trunk room but i mean ya kno...not too much...but will the 13 w7 sound better than just about any 15" and when i say better i mean{ great highs+great lows=better} or is the 15" from a specific line of subs better?

Old 11-30-2008, 11:20 PM

The 13" W7 is my all time favorite sub. You do know it's $500 plus right? And the right amp is going to be $500 plus too. And to run a 1500W or 2000w amp you should upgrade your alternator. I have a feeling this a bit out of your range. One 15" with a good amount of power, will be plenty of bass. I love having one sub, most people don't believe me there is only one until I show them.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:23 PM

damn ur right it is kinda out of my range i guess...well...do you know any specific 15"s that sound alright as far as...wait wait wait...question.....u talk about SQ vs SPL spl is normally deeper but doesnt sound too clear...yet when its in a trunk how can u tell the difference?? is SQ only for when the trunk is open??

Quick Reply: Kicker Sub