Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Led accent lighting

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 06:16 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Led accent lighting

2002 accord coupe 3.0 6 cyl

Today we bought blue led accent lighting for the foot wells of our project car, I want to wire them so that when you turn the switch to turn on the headlights they turn on and off with the headlights I'm having trouble finding which fuse goes to that function though could anyone help me please?

Old 07-13-2015, 07:02 PM

Interesting choice as most people want the accent lighting to come on and go off when the doors are opened and closed

There are a number of 'how to' videos on YouTube

Old 07-13-2015, 07:12 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Prospector
Interesting choice as most people want the accent lighting to come on and go off when the doors are opened and closed

There are a number of 'how to' videos on YouTube

Yeah we thought about it and I want them to be on at night constantly so that was the best way I could think of

Old 07-17-2015, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

you won't find a fuse box location because the head lights get power downstream of the relay which is downstream of the fuse. you will need a location for power but control will be separate. i recommend power from an ignition source (such as radio ignition).

you can tap into the illumination wire (which turns on dash lights) and use that to control a relay. the relay contacts will power the lights.

Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT), Single Pole Single Throw (SPST) Automotive Relays

Relay Diagrams - Quick Reference

in this diagram, the remote turn-on lead comes from the illumination wire.

i recommend getting a Haynes manual for the car so you have the wiring schematics so you know what wire to access.

Attached Thumbnails Led accent lighting-addremacc.gif  
Old 08-03-2015, 12:35 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
you won't find a fuse box location because the head lights get power downstream of the relay which is downstream of the fuse. you will need a location for power but control will be separate. i recommend power from an ignition source (such as radio ignition).

you can tap into the illumination wire (which turns on dash lights) and use that to control a relay. the relay contacts will power the lights.

Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT), Single Pole Single Throw (SPST) Automotive Relays

Relay Diagrams - Quick Reference

in this diagram, the remote turn-on lead comes from the illumination wire.

i recommend getting a Haynes manual for the car so you have the wiring schematics so you know what wire to access.

The fuse box was under the hood there's two fuses one for right and one for left headlight we wired it to one of those fuses and they turn on and off with the headlights now

Old 08-11-2015, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Zachb11
The fuse box was under the hood there's two fuses one for right and one for left headlight we wired it to one of those fuses and they turn on and off with the headlights now
coo. i always tap into the fuel pump(i think) and use an add a fuse. but that makes them on whenever the car is on. i may do that instead this time, idk.