Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Loud click from speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Default Loud click from speakers

[b]
Guys .. My system drives me crazy today. After I put an amp to my car, i hear the ground noise from the speakers everytime i turn the volume down, so I put an ground isolator(noise filter) in between the head unit and the amp that takes care of the ground noise but as i turn the head unit off, i hear the loud click from the speakers .... Can any one give me a hand on this? I tried to fix the problem for 2h but no hope ... this thing drives me nuts... please help ...
[b][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 04-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Default RE: Loud click from speakers

Do you mean you hear like a boom sound from your subs when you turn it off? If so I have the same problem with mine and I haven't figured out how to fix it yet.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:02 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

first off, how long is the ground wire for your amp, and second, what amp did you get cause if you hear anything coming out of your sub other then the lows, that means you either have it a full pass or your low pass is faulty and you have a bad amp.

As for the that thump that happens when the car shuts off, that has to do with the quality of the amp as well, i believe its caused because of the fact that when its shutting down it doesnt properly compensate for the remaining flow of power

Old 04-07-2006, 06:41 AM

there were three wires you used when you hooked up the amp. one was black, the ground...one was the red, the power. and the other one was the blue, which is the remote. when you turn the head unit on, the amp turns on. when you turn off the head unit the amp turns off and that thump is you hearing the transition in the speakers. usually better amps have soft on's and off's

Old 04-07-2006, 09:33 AM

light show
marboro
the amp causes that???
I have an MTX 801D which I thought was decent. Should I be using a different amp. I have two 12" mtx 7512-04 subs

Old 04-07-2006, 10:39 AM

mtx is a good brand, i would have assumed that it would have that on it, considering its a form of protection that reduces the wear on your subs, and sometimes i think lightshow cant agree with anyone and then add that extra detail, even though if you had everything connected properly it would shut off with the car shutting off, if it werent the amp would never shut off, or never turn on for that matter.......
but the reason i asked about how long the ground was, is because there should be no reason for your ground wire to be longer then a foot and that was directed to green and the what amp question was intended for green as well lol.....

as for fixing it, the only way i would know is with a new amp, otherwise youll just have to deal with that thump...... side note, with that amp someone claimed 146db off of it with the right enclosure lol

Old 04-07-2006, 12:39 PM

ORIGINAL: marbro

mtx is a good brand, i would have assumed that it would have that on it, considering its a form of protection that reduces the wear on your subs, and sometimes i think lightshow cant agree with anyone and then add that extra detail, even though if you had everything connected properly it would shut off with the car shutting off, if it werent the amp would never shut off, or never turn on for that matter.......
but the reason i asked about how long the ground was, is because there should be no reason for your ground wire to be longer then a foot and that was directed to green and the what amp question was intended for green as well lol.....

as for fixing it, the only way i would know is with a new amp, otherwise youll just have to deal with that thump...... side note, with that amp someone claimed 146db off of it with the right enclosure lol
ok thnaks for your input. 146db wow so I guess my stuff is pretty good quality huh lol the thump doesn't bother me as long as its not affecting the speakers. I don't think I had this problem when I had my 10's with the fosgate amp

Old 04-07-2006, 04:27 PM

Yeah, i had a friend running a 600 watt amp and 4 mtx 3000's and pulled off 147db off a random thought up case design and a lot of polyfill

Old 04-07-2006, 05:55 PM

This noise is most notably heard from home theater systems when you turn it on or off.... A lot of old home theater recievers would make that pop noise...

Old 04-07-2006, 06:11 PM

which refers back to the quality of the unit ^_-

Quick Reply: Loud click from speakers