Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Loud click from speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Default RE: Loud click from speakers

[b]
I have a sony 500XMs amp and i got it from my brother, he has it for about 3 years without any problems. It has built in Low bass and output level control which looks like a small equalizer.. i think it's definitely the amp. I'm buying a new amp this week and i'll put it on see if that takes care of the problem.. thanks for your replies guys..

Old 04-10-2006, 09:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Green_Accord

[b]
I have a sony 500XMs amp and i got it from my brother, he has it for about 3 years without any problems. It has built in Low bass and output level control which looks like a small equalizer.. i think it's definitely the amp. I'm buying a new amp this week and i'll put it on see if that takes care of the problem.. thanks for your replies guys..
sounds good, and when you get your new amp I would stay away from sony products (just my opinion)

Old 04-10-2006, 03:25 PM

Yeah Sony tends to be cheaper with comparable performance (so they say), but I have heard nothing but complaints from people who have installed them in their cars.

Sean

Old 04-11-2006, 02:31 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

*nods* agreed, I've seen 4 sony amps die in less then a year under mild use.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:44 PM

I bought a new Pioneer 600 Watt 4-Channel Power Amplifier GM-6200F amp and just received it today so I decided to switch it with the Sony amp I had and things turned out differently. This is the old amp(Sony XM504)

and this is the new amp(GM-6200F)

I tried both of them on my Pioneer DVD player

At first i thought the old amp is gonna be a piece of crap, but after trying them both the result came out quite opposite. The old amp has built in High-Low Boost control, input Level and the sound was so clear with a high fedelity quality. Meanwhile, the new Pioneer amp claimed that it has built in cross over but it was nothing close to that level. I put my head unit volume at level 10 and already i can hear the diffirent. One sounds like i'm at a jazz concert and the other sounds like i just attended the Monster-Jam. But they both have good and bad sides. With Sony amp, I still hear the loud click every time i turned the head unit off; i cant barely hear it on the Pioneer amp. Well, there we go folks, Life isnt always as good as we want. I guess i have to live with that annoying click from now on.. thanks for the inputs guys...

Old 04-12-2006, 10:15 PM

Wooooooooooooo HOooooooooooooooooooooooo Finally, I found out how to get rid of those clicks.. I bought the 2 ground isolator to put on the amp with the additional of Noise Filter i purchased from Radio Shack, finally that anoyying noise is GONEEEEEEEEEEE.. I'm so happy..........