Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Metra turbo kit 2

Old 03-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Default Metra turbo kit 2

I have a 2006 accord coupe and I'm looking to upgrade the stereo system. I wanted to know if anyone has purchased the Metra turbo kit 2. If so, are you satisfied with the reults and can anyone provide pics with this kit installed. It's a bit pricey so I wanted to get some feedback before I purchase it.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Default RE: Metra turbo kit 2

If you do your research around the forum you could get your answer....I saw that there was alot of negitive feedback towards the turbo kit especially if you have dcc. I went the other route, since i wanted to keep my dcc, and just put my head unit in the cubby hole and it looks great. I am very happy with my decision.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:50 PM

yea man go with the lower cubby kit. thats wat of have. the lower one cost me 25 compared to the ac one which wud cost me about 100 more. taking out the stock will destroy the look of ur interior...my opioion..it looks so nice wit the stock and aftermarket.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:07 PM
Almost A Senior Member

I've been wondering the same thing as ChrisMIA for a while... I've been debating whether I want to spent 150 bucks and get an ugly, yet somehow cleaner look... or go with the lower cubby. So far, I've only heard good about going with the cubby kit... I just def need to get a new HU, cuz with as much bass as I've got... a scale of bass -6 to +6 is kind of annoying and useless.[:-]

Any other 06 or 07 owners got opinions?

Old 03-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I have one with my In-dash, I've had it for almost a year now. I have had no problems whats so ever with it. All the buttons and ***** work, none of them came stuck or lose like people say. I do like that fact that it won't be too hard to swap out the LEDs with new ones. While it doesn't look as nice as the OEM, I think it looks good with an in dash. I hated the stock headunit, and I have seen an accord with the lower cubby kit and it looks so weird. If you have the extra money do it right get the kit, I have no regrets. I do recommend the kit, I think a lot of people talk trash about it because it cost so much money and isn't really top notch quality, yet it still gets the job done pretty well. I got mine on ebay for $130 I believe.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:24 AM

Thanks forall theinput. Can anyone please provide pics of each kit installed (The Turbo Kit and the lower cubby kit) I'm still undecided but I think seeing the kits installed will help me make my decision.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:27 PM

Well I don't have a camera but I do live in the cutler ridge area if you want to see it in person.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:48 PM

Sounds good to me. It may have to be in a couple of weeks because I do taxes and we are slammed until April15th. I'll message you when I can get some free time. I'm in Miami Gardens (right next to dolphin stadium)so your not too far from me. Thanks again for all your help.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:47 PM

Actually, to the guy complaining about DCC, maybe if you did YOUR research, you'd know they have a specific harness for the DCC systems... which have been deemed satisfiable by quite a lot of people.

Otherwise, switch out the ***** with the OE dash, and it's actually quite enjoyable... I prefer it to the cubby kit. To me the cubby kit looks trashy, and clutters the whole area.. also it stands out real well and cubby mounted systems are usually first to get stolen (per my cop buddy).
It's not as solid or smooth feeling as the OEM dash, but it's pretty good... I'd say it's worth the $150 i paid for it at Crutchfield.

oh, and check my pics from my sig to see it installed.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:51 PM

I was able to get that piece that goes around the headunit to pop in. It looks a lot better with it popped in. I had to dremel a bit of it, but only b/c when the screen flips out the mechanism would hit it. How come it doesn't fit for you?

EDIT: Ahh I see you have the one that came with the headunit snapped in there. Just so others know the piece that comes with the kit makes the plastic flush around the headunit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Metra turbo kit 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.