Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Navigation System

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 08:47 PM
mesmerizer016
Unregistered
Default Navigation System

Hi,

I recently imported a Honda Accord 2004 model from Japan.

It has a japanese navigation system, with a Screen and DVD for navigation.

1. Can this be converted to English and used elsewhere in the world.
2. Can i use it as a normal DVD player, to listen songs and watch videos.

Please help.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I'm really not very familiar with the stock navi system, and I don't think anyone else here is. I'd imagine it would be possible to switch it to english, but there will still probbaly be some japensse symbols here and there. Not sure if US maps will even work in a JDM unit, but they may not be region locked I really don't know.

No you can not watch DVDs or use the DVD drive for anything but reading map DVDs, at least in it's stock form. I'm sure there is an inteface avaible that will allow you to add an aux video input, but you won't be using the stock DVD drive to play movies.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Default Navigation System

I just bought a CX-7 yesterday and noticed that the clock was wrong. I couldnt find out how to set it, so I went to the manual. Aparently if you have a navigation system installed the clock sets automatically, but looking at it i found it to be 1 hour slow. Im in Atlanta, GA, and am wondering if this is because of daylight savings time and the new dates for changing your clock. It seems to think that we are currently -5 GMT and not -4 because of DST. Has anyone else had problems with this and know how to chage it?Thanks