Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Navigation System Issues, 09 Accord EX

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Default Navigation System Issues, 09 Accord EX

I am having issues with my Nav. Any advice would be appreciated! Here goes.

1. On 12/27/2012, I started getting a "Disk Read Error". Immediately took the car to the dealership. After some simple troubleshooting (re-insert disc, etc.), it didn't solve the problem. The serviceman suggested to send it off for repair or replace the DVD player in the trunk. I chose the former.

2. After 6 weeks of waiting, I get it back. Cost me $260. Their mechanic re-installed the DVD player. As I leave the dealership, the system loads, but the map is just twisting and turning all over the place. So, I immediately took it back that day. The serviceman asked the mechanic who re-installed it that morning to see if it needs "calibrating" or something.

3. The mechanic looked at it again and was dumbfounded. He couldn't fixed the bouncing map problem. Had to be something he had done because I never had this problem before, just the Disc Read Error. However, now the dealership is telling me that I may need to replace the entire system for $2,600. I am NOT trying to hear that!

Has anyone experienced these problems?

Old 02-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

for something this specific it may take a while to get a response.

your dealership needs to discuss the problem with HQ in California. Their techs will have a better idea than a local guy.

Are you sure the guy didn't just swap it out for another used unit? That would explain it having a different problem.

You can buy a TomTom for $100 that includes lifetime map upgrades and is more accurate than anything Honda can provide.