Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Need help in activating Pandora and AHA

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Default Need help in activating Pandora and AHA

Hi,

Just received my Honda Accord 2013 (Sedan) last week . I knew that Middle East version does not come with Pandora or AHA services

I did some online research and managed to find that CRV 2013 has a secret menus that you can use to turn on and off Pandora, so I thought Accord must have that too, but with different button combination.

I tried to guess the combination based on what I read online, one guess worked (Menu+Back+NAV) for 3 sec will let you in diagnostic menu but this not what I am looking for, no Pandora or AHA functions.

I came to know that Middle East cars made in USA, so this could be possible, unless they are loading different firmware on Middle East version.

Any one have an idea ?

Old 03-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

nope, but you have a neat issue and i hope you share the solution if you find it!

Old 03-16-2013, 10:46 AM

And just to add, when connected my iPhone it says "13NAV" accessory require some app from App Store and downloaded honda link and pandora. This again make me believe that unhide aha and pandora is possible.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

certainly, the radio uses the phone as the player and just links to the phone. so the phone does need Pandora capability (free download) and the phone also needs to be able to link to the vehicle. if a Honda download is required, it is required. you can't make the iPhone do something without a legit app (unless you jailbreak it)

Old 03-20-2013, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
certainly, the radio uses the phone as the player and just links to the phone. so the phone does need Pandora capability (free download) and the phone also needs to be able to link to the vehicle. if a Honda download is required, it is required. you can't make the iPhone do something without a legit app (unless you jailbreak it)
You didn't understand me, I am not having issue with downloading apps on the iPhone, I don't have Pandora or AHA in the car audio sources as the US version does. Just read the main post, you seems like a smart guy so you may have an idea.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

sorry, it sounded like you didn't download the app.

i agree that it is likely they wouldn't build different head units just to add a feature, it's much cheaper to give them all the same features then just not activate them.

the trick is figuring out how to activate them. i would assume the sequence would be similar to what you mentioned, again assuming the designers would have been consistent.

i think you're on the right track. most likely you'll either get lucky or accidentally deactivate a feature.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:46 AM

You are right, I did disable lanewatch feature, it kept saying aiming fail, but I managed to fix it. Thanks to a post I found online.

Do you have idea of buttons combination I can try?

Old 03-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

maybe include the functions that would normally be associated with the feature...

got a pic of your head unit?

Old 03-22-2013, 07:36 AM

Here are some photos of the head unit;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfxg3acbghx1jaj/IMG_1881.JPG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6naalfzrerxr6wi/IMG_1880.JPG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oy1muqaquvx7e43/IMG_1879.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yix3jv91f21v6dc/IMG_1878.JPG

You can see that there is no source for Pandora and AHA as I saw in some videos.

Last edited by fadhelbh; 03-22-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

certainly, it's all software based.

A software update is in the works here in the US to solve some pairing issues. If you could get that applied in your car, it may give you Pandora and AHA.

Quick Reply: Need help in activating Pandora and AHA